Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

inns of court officer training corps

bernardmcilwaine

Hi There, :)

Many thanks for the offer.Could you please lookup Alfred Edward Bland and Joshua Cansino.

Cheers

Tim.

Many thanks for the offer.Could you please lookup Alfred Edward Bland and Joshua Cansino.

Cheers

Tim.

tim here goes,d/1429,29-9-1914,manchester regt,18-1-1918,capt,kia 1-7-1916

Cheers

Tim.

tim no mention of joshua,i will check my london officer training corps,excuse me i am new on here ,not figured it out yet bernard

Hi Bernard, :)

Very many thanks for that. Should the to the Manchester Reg read 18-1-15 not 18-1-18 ?

Cheers

Tim.

Thanks for looking up Joshua for me. He and Bland were best mates in the 22nd Manchesters so there may not be any mention of Joshua in any of the books. I knew Bland was Inns of Court and wondered if they got to know each other there !

It may just be that they became mates once they were both in the 22nd Manchesters.

I believe Joshua is in the British Jewry Book of Honour, but I'm not sure !!

Cheers

Tim.

Very many thanks for that. Should the to the Manchester Reg read 18-1-15 not 18-1-18 ?

Cheers

Tim.

yes tim,sorry,ichecked the cambridge and london otc no cansino,was he from london and do you have a photo of capt bland cos i am sure i have one somewhere,i will check,bernard

I have this photo, as you can see its the one I use as my Avtar. If you have any others, I would be delighted !!

Cheers

Tim.

post-4549-1115238307.jpg

tim do you know if joshua was married with a son called haim,manuel

He was certainly married. These are the details I know.

Son of Hairn and Minnie Cansino of Bedford Lodge, Broughton Park, Manchester. Husband of Beryl Cansino of 89, Westcourt Road,Worthing, Sussex. MSc Manchester University.

He was K.I.A. on the 2-6-16 during a raid on German positions. He was killed while trying to recue a fellow Officer, who was caught on the wire.

I've just found this aswell, that he first enlisted as a Private in the Royal Sussex Regiment.

Cheers

Tim.

Also just found this:- When he was killed his wife was expecting their first child !!

Cheers

Tim

He was certainly married. These are the details I know.

Son of Hairn and Minnie Cansino of Bedford Lodge, Broughton Park, Manchester. Husband of Beryl Cansino of 89, Westcourt Road,Worthing, Sussex. MSc Manchester University.

He was K.I.A. on the 2-6-16 during a raid on German positions. He was killed while trying to recue a fellow Officer, who was caught on the wire.

I've just found this aswell, that he first enlisted as a Private in the Royal Sussex Regiment.

Cheers

Tim.

tim i think the haim manuel cansino who went to m/c grammar school was his son, born 12-7-1914,studied commerce and admin,became an export director,ww2 servedin the admiralty signals service,later a capt in the army cadet force,taro,mbe in1956,lived at 13 burgess hill london nw2,he attended the school from 1928-31

Fascinating information, and you could be well be right. I was just guessing that it was his first child she was expecting because when Bland refers to two of the Officers killed that day he says:- "Street leaves a widow and three children and Cansino a widow and unborn babe".

Cheers

Tim.

Fascinating information, and you could be well be right. I was just guessing that it was his first child she was expecting because when Bland refers to two of the Officers killed that day he says:- "Street leaves a widow and three children and Cansino a widow and unborn babe".

Cheers

Tim.

tim,i have two photos of capt bland but you may already have them,the first is a group photo of him and the other officers of his batt,the other is with 8th platoon,b,coy,if you dont have these let me know and i will do you photos[not photocopies] i can id about six more men in the platoon,with a bit of info on platoon sgt,later csm frank davies.bernard

I can't tell you how grateful I would be for those photo's and information, it would be brilliant. Please let me know of any expenses you incur and I will be delighted to reimburse you. Many thanks for all the effort you have gone to.

Cheers

Tim.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!!

Would you be able to add any thing to this.

LOCKYER

Initials: S W

Nationality: United Kingdom

Regiment: Inns of Court Officer Training Corps

Date of Death: 10/11/1918

Service No: 14207

Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead

Grave/Memorial Reference: YB. 42.

Cemetery: HEMEL HEMPSTEAD (HEATH LANE) CEMETERY

Kevin.

Hello!!

Would you be able to add any thing to this.

LOCKYER

Initials: S W

Nationality: United Kingdom

Regiment: Inns of Court Officer Training Corps

Date of Death: 10/11/1918

Service No: 14207

Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead

Grave/Memorial Reference: YB. 42.

Cemetery: HEMEL HEMPSTEAD (HEATH LANE) CEMETERY       

Kevin.

hiya batcher,give us a minute i will check for you

this is all there is batcher,c/14207,inns of court,21-10-18,died 6-11-18,name stanley watkins lockyer,the No is that issued while in the inns if court the letter means he was in c.coy,bernard

kevin,it could be him,many men changed their names or went by another name for all sorts of reasons

• 6 months later...

hiya wig.sorry i only just saw your post,the only lamb who served with the sherwood foresters that went through the inns of court was this man

LT frank,miller lamb

notts+derby regt

joined the inns of court 15-7-15,his unit and number within the IOC was,4/6/1/4888,he was commissioned 9-1-1916,killed in action 21-3-16,he had been wounded twice previously,bernard

Can I ask a question?

How do you find out if they were at the inns of court ?

I thought they all went to Camberley (if chosen) how many officer training places were there?

(OK I know that's two questions ..... !)

Annie

hiya annie,i have the full roll of all those who went through the inns of court and the artist rifles officer training court,bernard

Hello Bernard,

Is there anything listed for Leslie Howard Steiner (later Leslie Howard the actor of the 30'2 & 40's)?

Thanks

PAUL JOHNSON