Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

What Happened to Harold Victor Drinkwater?

Rose Louise

Hi everyone, I managed to read Harry’s Will which was really exciting!  I shall try to add three photos I took of it now - but it may not work! 

IMG_2396.jpeg

IMG_2391.jpeg

IMG_2394.jpeg

Oh dear, sorry about that !  I don’t know why it has appeared upside down !  Harry left making this Will very late, only two years before his death - unless he changed it.  I saw he made it whilst he was living at Thurlow Road, Hampstead, which made it even more strange that he ended up in a care home in Lambeth.  I had no luck in finding where his grave was at all - all the sites I tried said no match found - but at least I know he was cremated as that was his wish in his Will.  I do wonder who Roberta Spink was as he left her £1000. - I can’t help wondering if she was attached to him in some way - I do hope so. Maybe there was a huge age gap and they couldn’t marry for some reason or other, and he moved to the Lambeth area to be near her at the end.  The imagination can run riot!    Anyway I seem to have come to a stumbling block with regards his grave, and I can’t see how I could find out what took him to London in the first place, which is really frustrating. 
A strange coincidence - I saw that a certain ‘Arthur Drinkwater’ was giving away some small trees he had grown,  in the village hall in my village in Norfolk today. I didn’t want a tree but went along to find Mr. Drinkwater !  Unfortunately he didn’t believe he was related - his family came from Cheshire - and he had looked into it a while ago. I am surprised how many Drinkwaters are about - I even found one who died in the first war in 1916. I can see how confusion can lead to errors! 

Hi Allan, what magic!  No idea how you did that, but thank you!