Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New Zealand Engineers war diaries

woronora

Hi Roger

Thank you so much for sharing the scans with me. They are very informative of what the NZE was doing at the time.  You have certainly a wonderful set of resources at your finger tips. I would very much like to get my hands on copies of the 1916-1919 NZE war diaries for Nos. 2 and 3 Filed Companies. My reference to AWM was to the Australian War Memorial rather than the Auckland War Memorial Museum. If you have the diaries digitised, would it be possible to obtain copies from you on a USB stick and post it to me in Australia if it is not inconvenient. I would naturally pay you costs.

The Australian War Memorial has a very good collection of NZEF war diaries for 1915 which can be readily accessed at https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/C1357008

I have attached a transcript of Charles Edward Stevens, No.3 Field Company NZE diary for 1915 for those who may be interested.

Cheers

John

Diary Charles Edward Stevens.pdf

On 24/06/2023 at 22:01, woronora said:

Hi Roger

Thank you so much for sharing the scans with me. They are very informative of what the NZE was doing at the time.  You have certainly a wonderful set of resources at your finger tips. I would very much like to get my hands on copies of the 1916-1919 NZE war diaries for Nos. 2 and 3 Filed Companies. My reference to AWM was to the Australian War Memorial rather than the Auckland War Memorial Museum. If you have the diaries digitised, would it be possible to obtain copies from you on a USB stick and post it to me in Australia if it is not inconvenient. I would naturally pay you costs.

The Australian War Memorial has a very good collection of NZEF war diaries for 1915 which can be readily accessed at https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/C1357008

I have attached a transcript of Charles Edward Stevens, No.3 Field Company NZE diary for 1915 for those who may be interested.

Cheers

John

Diary Charles Edward Stevens.pdf 10.7 MB · 2 downloads

Hi

I have just found them online at Archives NZ 

search for example:  New Zealand Engineers - 2nd Field Company War Diary, 1 - 30 September 1917 

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the book reference. Fortunately, I have a copy of the official history. It is great that the Victoria University has published many of the official histories.

Cheers

John