Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Looking for info Russian Budenovka and 15th

oldrag71

20 hours ago, Vasileios said:

Dear Mikhail,

Many thanks for your prompt reply and valuable information to our query.

As I said, the hat belongs to my cousin who is away on vacation. I will know the size as son as he comes back in early of July.

By the way, how many cm should be in order to be authentic?

As I understood, have you doubt only for the badge cockade authentication?

from regulations of first pattern: "... In front of the headdress, symmetrically with respect to the visor and the front seam, a regular five-pointed star is sewn from coloured cloth with a diameter of 8.8 cm, and the inner corners on a circle with a diameter of 4.3 cm...

23 hours ago, Mikhail said:

from regulations of first pattern: "... In front of the headdress, symmetrically with respect to the visor and the front seam, a regular five-pointed star is sewn from coloured cloth with a diameter of 8.8 cm, and the inner corners on a circle with a diameter of 4.3 cm...

Hi Mikhail,

well received and noted your info with thanks.

one more point about small metal star...

In 1922-1936, the star was very simple, stamped and painted with red paint.
The dimensions of the badge are such that the outer ends of the star are located in a circle with a diameter of 36 mm, and the inner ends in a circle with a diameter of 18 mm (see black and white picture).
In 1936, the star changed (see attached images). Large star sample 1936, 38mm on the rays. Material steel with brass plating. Coating on the obverse - enamel.
Characteristic detail The Hammer and Sickle is made as a separate piece and is attached to the mustache in the field of the star. You can check it easy. Technologically, this is a rather complicated solution, and in 1939 the technology was simplified by making the H&S one-piece stamped.
On your Budennovka, we see, most likely, a later or generally non-authentic (1950+) sample of a star.

star1.jpg

star2.jpg

star0.jpg

Edited by Mikhail

58 minutes ago, Mikhail said:

one more point about small metal star...

In 1922-1936, the star was very simple, stamped and painted with red paint.
The dimensions of the badge are such that the outer ends of the star are located in a circle with a diameter of 36 mm, and the inner ends in a circle with a diameter of 18 mm (see black and white picture).
In 1936, the star changed (see attached images). Large star sample 1936, 38mm on the rays. Material steel with brass plating. Coating on the obverse - enamel.
Characteristic detail The Hammer and Sickle is made as a separate piece and is attached to the mustache in the field of the star. You can check it easy. Technologically, this is a rather complicated solution, and in 1939 the technology was simplified by making the H&S one-piece stamped.
On your Budennovka, we see, most likely, a later or generally non-authentic (1950+) sample of a star.

star1.jpg

star2.jpg

star0.jpg

Dear Mikhail,

can we say that the hat may date from the 1920s & the metal star from 50s-60s?

if the above is correct, what do you think regarding the value/price in us dollars of this hat always as per your experience?

thanks in advance.

36 minutes ago, Vasileios said:

Dear Mikhail,

can we say that the hat may date from the 1920s & the metal star from 50s-60s?

I would say yes.

as for the price, no ideas , sorry...

12 minutes ago, Mikhail said:

I would say yes.

as for the price, no ideas , sorry...

Dear Mikhail,

I wish to say once again thank you for your kind assistance.

Best Regards, 

Vasileios