Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Photographs wanted for volume 3 of my Great War badge books - The Royal Scots TF Battalions

poona guard

Does any one have photos of the overseasTF battalions of the Royal Scots 1914-1919 they would like to have published and acknowledged in the book?

I hope to be inundated.

Hello, many of the photos I've gathered from various places for 9th Royal Scots are on flickr here https://www.flickr.com/photos/124517446@N04/

@eltoro1960 has a lot of newspaper scans here you could ask him about https://www.newbattleatwar.com/apps/photos/ 

On badges, Westlake has one of the 1/9th Royal Scots with part of the T filed off to look like a 1.

Hi Neill,

Thanks for the link which has really good pictures - a fine collection. I would like to use some of them, with your permission and acknowledgement in the book if that is okay? If so, how do I copy them as a plain copy produces nothing?

Best,

Dave

35 minutes ago, poona guard said:

how do I copy them as a plain copy produces nothing?

double click on the image you would like to download

test.JPG.fa43fd1fc2df3e83775895ce2a31cc9f.JPG

Click on the download Arrow  bottom line far right as image above and the image should download to your computor  give it a name and save

Morning Dave, as I say they come from various sources, I have tried to put the source in the comments for each image where I can (the example Ray used has an EBay link but these have a habit of expiring). You are free to use any of mine.

All the best, Neill

I have a photo album to Cpl William Pottie 1/4th Royal Scots (QER). I will look to see if there is anything of interest 

Hi Dave,

do you need examples of London Regiment badges. E.g 2nd London Irish?

1 hour ago, poona guard said:

Hi Mark,

I need photos of any TF battalion that shows either metal or cloth badges. Any help much appreciated.

Dave

What about the badges themselves?

Here you go 

7099E13C-175A-4E10-ABC9-83DA6C1D56BB.jpeg

3 hours ago, poona guard said:

Hi Mark,

I need photos of any TF battalion that shows either metal or cloth badges. Any help much appreciated.

Dave

Hi Dave 

These may or may not be of use feel free to include any in your book. All London Regiment. More TF to follow 

ED821A80-B7E2-41CC-B2CD-1DD5C17D7A75.jpeg

9B06566E-5367-40E0-8062-83F149862885.jpeg

FAD3449B-A837-4781-996E-AACDBDDEF8F3.jpeg

D42F77FD-0ADF-4E3A-B522-E5D11F7C6C87.jpeg

Excellent stuff, badges always welcome. I will be posting requests in the near future for specific but anything is welcome as some of my illustrations are not always of good quality.

Best,

Dave

At the moment I am checking what I have and so far need cloth 4th/Rs/QER cloth badge and a photo of the pagri patch, similaryly pagri flash photos for the 1/5th & 6th, photo of 5/6th RS, red stripes on 1/7th, 1/8th pioneer photo, 1/9th in 51,61 &15 Divisions and 2/10 showing Russia star. 5th Queens shoulder title & photo of them wearing company colours with 12th Indian Div and 2/4th Queens in 34 Div. Pagri patch of 1/4th Buffs & photo of 10th Buffs showing badge. Any photos of TF bns of the NF, 1st & 2nd lines plus 36th Bn. Any photos of TF Warwicks. A photo of 5th Kings officer, tunics for 5th, 6th & 7th Kings, 2/6th officers cap badge plus photos of 2/5th, 2/6th, 2/7th Kings showing cloth badge and a photo of 2/8th Kings in training. If you have any of these it would very helpful if i can have copies.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Dave,

If not too late for your Territorials book I have acquired a jacket to 1/6th West Yorkshire Regiment with regimental cloth distinctions 

let me know and I can send pictures