Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Is this really an “East Yorkshire Regt (TF) lapel badge”??

headgardener

10 minutes ago, headgardener said:

Many thanks Ian! Really appreciate you making the effort. Bet you found some nice things that you forgot you had...... I know i do every time I go hunting for stuff!

Found loads of things!!, I know it is a different style badge but does show they are out there and the dealer was right in saying it was a TA  one, Ian.

2 hours ago, EAST YORKSHIRE said:

FOUND IT!!! will fathom out how to post photo!, in the meantime-it says around the outside " 1/4 th Batt.East Yorkshire Regt",  now give me two days to figure how to post photo...........

Very interesting to see such an amazingly preserved badge, barely worn I should think.  It has some significant scarcity value too, as I imagine that there can’t have been very many made.  Thank you for seeking it out and posting the image.

Edited by FROGSMILE

21 minutes ago, FROGSMILE said:

Very interesting to see such an amazingly preserved badge, barely worn I should think.  It has some significance scarcity value too, as I imagine that there can’t have been very many made.  Thank you for seeking it out and posting the image.

Just glad I finally was able to offer some help on something!!, Ian. .

Very nice badge.

Thanks for posting.

But I think we can all agree that this isn't the type of badge pictured in the original posting.

13 minutes ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

Very nice badge.

Thanks for posting.

But I think we can all agree that this isn't the type of badge pictured in the original posting.

True, but i think it proves that that are variants of Said regiment, I think they are to differentiate between regular and TA battalions. And assuming it is East Yorks, as I believe it is. As an aside=it is amazing just how many variants of a lapel badge there are to a regiment.Ian.