Eran Tearosh Posted 3 June , 2020 Share Posted 3 June , 2020 The 54th (East Anglian) Infantry Division was raised in 1908, mobilized in 1914, fought in Gallipoli in 1915, and later become a part of the EEF for the rest of the war, fighting through Sinai, Palestine and Lebanon. Strangely, the Divisional Sign - an umbrella, turned inside out (below) - was adopted only after the Umbrella Hill Raids of July 1917, just over a year before the end of the war. Any explanation as to why was a sign chosen so late in the war? What were they using as shoulder insignia before, in Gallipoli, for example? (If they had one) Thanks, Eran Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now