Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Western Front - The Girls Tour 2020

Marilyne

• Admin

He is, he came to live with us about 22 years ago. He is a very seasoned battlefield visitor! 

At the risk of taking this too far (which I am) and I know one of them isn't a bear, but here are some of the "Academy Pals" who have accompanied us on our school trips. In order: 2014, 2017 and 2018. 2018 Bear was invited back in 2019. Royal Navy Bear should have gone this year, but will definitely be invited if we make it in 2021. Perhaps we could organise a "Teddy Bears Picnic" or  a "Bear Hunt"?

2014.jpg

2017.jpg

2018 Bear.jpg

the more bears, the merrier !!

Actually my bear is a Marching Bear… he's walked a LOT of kilometers over the years, should now have been resting in advance of the Nijmegen marches next week, but… cancelled of course.

But as our marches are often coupled with remembrance and history, he's well versed into battlefield trips too.

And he proudly wears his Purple Poppy!

M.

1 hour ago, Marilyne said:

And he proudly wears his Purple Poppy!

I noticed that his poppy had changed colour since the last time we met. I think bear could act as a battlefield tour guide for all the other bears; he probably knows a lot more than some of the human guides come to that.

Pete.