Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German bayonet markings HELP?.

Boomstick

31 minutes ago, Boomstick said:

Well guys first I don't know how to thank you guys for all the great info. I am really trying to following everything you guys are talking about but I feel stupid because i am a little lost. But there is one good thing I gave you guys a tough one lol. So when was it made?. Is it a Bavarian or Prussian bayonet??. Thanks again guys great job

15629176478561020785294.jpg

Here is the info on the spine not sure what it means but trajen you wanted to see this does it help??

Robert

Needs a clearer photograph, I'm afraid! Robert, is the grip a one-piece style? I am thinking GR / 01, for Georoge Rex, of Saxony and 1901 - but his reign began in 1902! 

• 3 months later...

From this it looks like both parts are saxony, so the B is not bavarian more likely Bezirks. The handle looks on first picture like one piece so correct 1901. The letter doesnt looks like G could be intetwined AR for Albert.

Edited by AndyBsk

With you there Andy, AR for Albertus Rex it is.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to add this for additional information.   This is a Mauser Model 1871 made in 1875.  The butt plate unit marking is:

B. K.

120 Lu

It is my impression that it stands for Bezirkskommando 120 Ludwigsburg Waffe 11.

Comments?20220219_201745.jpg.e2f18b0da6d17a7607f8ec33d16a1be3.jpg

Edited by Opsrsrchr

Hello.

Bezirks-Kommando, II Battalion, Landwehr- Infantry-Regiment No .120, weapon .11

Edited by bert.f

When there Lu so the location is Ludwigsburg, 120 was the Landwehr Regiment, in same town, as the picture is blurry we dont see exact what is there Lu or L.II , remains a Bezirks Kommando in Ludwigsburg. Also Wurttemberg unit. Question remains is the 120 same size. when yes so it could be Landwehr Regiment 120 then. But in manual from 1897 are similar units as Bezirks Komando with location.

Hello. Andy.

26 minutes ago, AndyBsk said:

When there Lu so the location is Ludwigsburg, 120 was the Landwehr Regiment, in same town, as the picture is blurry we dont see exact what is there Lu or L.II , remains a Bezirks Kommando in Ludwigsburg. Also Wurttemberg unit. Question remains is the 120 same size. when yes so it could be Landwehr Regiment 120 then. But in manual from 1897 are similar units as Bezirks Komando with location.

Yes it is possible.

Pozd. Robert

8 hours ago, AndyBsk said:

Definitely a u.

20220220_163304.jpg.b5ebfa98619474b4b6efbc23395ce1a5.jpg

Ludwigsburg remains correct, anyway like mentioned Bert, the 120 could be of certainly of the 120 Infanterie or Landwehr regiment as both are from that area. Its nominated as Landwehr Bezirk, that was realised as headquarter of Ersatz supply and manpower for living units, the commando was small and the 11 is denoting a weapon nr. 11, There were mostly officers and higher NCOs so a small number of rifles probably was avialable. The area of stamp should be little cleaned and photos from 40-50 cm distance should be made, as the previous are blurry.

Bezirks Kommando des 120.Landwehr Bezirks(verwaltung von 120 Lw.Regimentes) Ludwigsburg, weapon nr. 11 could be the easiest explanation.

Edited by AndyBsk