Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

relic pistols how tell diff tween luger ww1 and ww2

arantxa

Hi radlad

If  you are asking about the Pawl, as in the bit that rotates the cylinder, yes it was present

fire away with the PM pardon the pun!

regards

Ken 

Edited by kmad

Kmad - Amazing photo. Interesting that 3 chambers are blown - I'm struggling to visualise how that happened. The blown-open 'flap' still attached doesn't look like any cast iron I've ever seen - it's usually brittle.

When i say cast iron it looked like an Aero bar with lots of bubbles

The cylinder still revolved so I assume the middle of the blown cylinders was where the detonation occurred

I am hijacking this tread sorry about that Arantax

zoom in picture as best i can do  but you might be able to  see where the top of the topstrap is a snapped rather than torn 

close up.PNG

Edited by kmad

Radland thank you for your information I have learnt a lot from you I didn’t realise how one had a good idea of telling the different C96 Mauser is Ww1 and later so I am very appreciative of your expertise on it 

thanks Again 

This one came as well but guessing it’s a flare pistol 

B62BCF0B-182D-43CD-8412-231571CC2807.jpeg

I found these two numbers on the c96 if they are relevant on back of trigger and underneath on back 

34A8293E-AB81-4075-9005-CBD2F9E7238F.jpeg

7218364F-C7B6-41F8-9A5F-E90C8771CB42.jpeg

On top 

EE390A7F-44CF-4258-9CD6-53DC169FE114.jpeg

• 7 months later...

Strictly-speaking these firearms are Section 5(1)(aba) Prohibited Weapons in mainland UK (GB, as NI still allows their citizens to have/use them on a Firearm Certificate WITHOUT the need for "Heritage Pistol" conditions).  I know that it is riiculous but they do not comply with the latest EU specifications for Deactivation  ;-(

2 hours ago, Nunhead said:

Strictly-speaking these firearms are Section 5(1)(aba) Prohibited Weapons in mainland UK (GB, as NI still allows their citizens to have/use them on a Firearm Certificate WITHOUT the need for "Heritage Pistol" conditions).  I know that it is riiculous but they do not comply with the latest EU specifications for Deactivation  ;-(

Anyone know of any data as to whether any such prosecutions have succeeded - or even been made? It would be interesting to know whether the apparent risk is real - after all, I thought the CPS could make a 'public interest' judgement call about proceeding.

3 hours ago, Nunhead said:

As they haven't (I assume) formally been certified as deactivated, it would be for a court to decide whether they are still technically Section 5 firearms or whether they are sufficiently corroded to be considered de facto deactivated. The 2017 restrictions on so-called 'defectively deactivated' firearms are on their transfer rather than their possession.

Although transferring a relic gun that was structurally corroded beyond the current deactivation specification would make for an interesting test case. The - badly drafted IMHO - law only refers to the technical specifications for deactivation that apply at the time of transfer. So what if it didn't meet the specifications because it was beyond them..?