Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sergeant Frederick James Haynes DCM, Lancs Fusiliers

mancpal

2 hours ago, RussT said:

Welcome to the Forum Roger

I do remember contributing to this thread !!

Did you manage to locate him on the Platoon photograph I posted above?

Russ

Hi Russ, I'm hoping the photo name list you also supplied would be like my military photo's; in order of position on photo. 

I don't have a photo to compare. My cousin has the family 'memorabilia box', she lives in Holland, but we meet often, and my sisters have some pictures in storage. I have the message/letter from the Canadian clearing station at Passchendaele where he died. I also have letters to Kate, his wife. I posted the cemetery photo on Ancestry. I had a wreath made in my Great Grandfather's honour and my son, who was a young school boy at the time, placed it there during a school visit. I also have a very personal item made by the Officer's, SNCOs and men with his cap badge fixed to it. It is in my Man Cave full of memorabilia. I have tried to show it in a photo attached.

I was interested in Manc pals post as I had attained much knowledge prior to his post. My interest was further raised as the post said the info was for a grandson. My Great Grandfather, to the very best of my knowledge only had one child, my Grandfather, who I knew very well. He in turn had three children, my mother and my two uncles, all who died well previous to the search by Simon on behalf of a Grandson. I'm sure you can understand my intrigue as I know of no other grandchild/uncle and I knew both my uncle's exceedingly well. It would be good to stay in contact. Thanks. Pic attached. 

IMG_20240415_155913.jpg

IMG_20240415_155850.jpg