Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WHO CAN IDENTIFY THE OFFICERS?

Kimberley John Lindsay

CHD was shown in the 1919 and 19120 lists for 2/94 but clearly just attached. Agree that most service was with 1/94.

Dear Mark,

Oh, I had completely overlooked that. Thanks for putting me right. 

Kindest regards,

Kim.

Edited by Kimberley John Lindsay

The Wenmoth chappie is Harold Hocking Wenmoth. RFA(T) number 1454 re-numbered 865765. Commissioned 1/10/17. No service papers for that service.

LG 15/2/18 - commissioned into IARO Infantry Branch 1/10/17,

BW and VM. MIC adds nothing more except rank of Acting Bombadier

Neither does the medal roll

Birth reg 4Q 1897 St Germans, Cornwall

Death reg 2Q 1975 - gives dob as 28/8/1897. Registered Plymouth. Ancestry has first name as "Marold".

Looks as though family were based in Pillaton, Cornwall, North of Plymouth

Parents Harry and Alice.

1901 and 1911 census have him in Pillaton. 1911 shows 2 younger brothers. Birh place of all inc HH is Pillaton.

There is an inbound passenger record in 1938 from Brisbane and disembarked Plymouth and gives address in Plymouth. But he and the other passengers all from India. He appears to be with wife and children. He is described as Railway Official and last residence as India.

There is an oubound record Liverpool to Karachi/Bombay in 1949 and he is described as Stores Official. He gives an address in Parliament St, London and gives India as his future intended permanent residence

Later in life he and at least one brother appear to be living in Callington, N of Pillaton

No photo yet

Be careful there is a St Liskeard man Herbert Henwood Wenmoth and it is easy to confuse the two.

Dear Mark,

Good work (as usual)! 

You have managed to put quite a bit of historical and personal background to an otherwise quasi-anonymous post-Great War Indian Army officer group!

See you - perhaps - at the OMRS Convention?

Kindest regards,

Kim.

10 hours ago, Kimberley John Lindsay said:

Dear Mark,

Good work (as usual)! 

You have managed to put quite a bit of historical and personal background to an otherwise quasi-anonymous post-Great War Indian Army officer group!

See you - perhaps - at the OMRS Convention?

Kindest regards,

Kim.

Blooming Hec!! It is just round the corner from the boat club. Will have a look at it tomorrow. Suspect everyone will be very knowledgeable - more than me I suspect. Very tempted! 

Edited by Mark1959

Dear Mark,

It's a deal!

Kindest regards,

Kim.