Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2/5th Battalion East Surrey Regiment and 2/6th King's Liverpool Regiment

morrisc8

Hi Paul, 

Thank you so much for the reply - I though it a long shot with the thread been so old.

With no service record for him I was trying to establish his journey through this of men close in number to him. this suggested the 2/5 ES but its fab to have the confirmation.

I have the war diary and managed to find the named entry for him in C Coy and evacuated on 15.11.17.

From what I gain for the surviving record of the other men close in number, he prob sailed to cologne on the 16th Sept and was attached to 1/23 London regiment then joined 2/7 KLR in the field on the 21st Sept. their war diary has 129  reinforcements arriving that day with 24 allotted to C Coy. 

Have been through the diary  to try and pin point the day he was wounded but sadly not named. The Bttn  was training until pretty much the end of October 1917 so it gives a very narrow window  for me to look at :-)

Haven't looked at the  move to the 1/5 LF yet but i'm assuming it was on recovery

I don't suppose you have any info - inclinations as to an enlistment date for him in the ES ?

Many thanks once again - very much appreciated.