Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Men of Hailsham Football Club (Sussex)

dseagull

• Admin

Thank you for posting, just a thought I wonder if the Herald would be interested especially if there any living relatives around who could be invited to your unveiling.

Ken

2 hours ago, kenf48 said:

Thank you for posting, just a thought I wonder if the Herald would be interested especially if there any living relatives around who could be invited to your unveiling.

Ken

Hi Ken;

A press release will go to the Herald when we have a date for unveiling. 

18 hours ago, KevinBattle said:

Nice to see this nearing fruition.

Pedant alert but you might find people commenting on the use of the Americanism "Pvt" instead of the English "Pte" for Private.

The main thing is the Remembrance, and you have done your boys proud.

Well done

There may be other Pals close by who might like to attend, refresh us on timings and location, please.

Many thanks - I will let you know when the official unveiling is - the memorial will be in the Clubhouse at The Beaconsfield on Western Road, Hailsham. 

With regard to the use of Pvt. rather than Pte, I could have this changed if it would be more appropriate - a friend of the club has access to a large format printer and has offered to amend it if required

Yes, well done! A really worthwhile act of remembrance for the town and the club.

Cheers, Pat