Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Do you need any coldstream guards service papers?

Coldstreamer

Hello,

my annual trip to coldstream archives in London is planned for next month.

To supplement the travel costs I can get digital copies of service papers for £5. Money back if I find nothing. I do need the service number as they are filed numerically.

Let me know I interested

Cheers

Coldstreamer

Hello Coldstreamer

I have a CG man by the name of Sydney William Druce that I would love to have the Service Record of, his service number is 9428' this I got from his Medal card on {A} there is some confusion on the card as it also names a S W Bruce but the address is correct as I have spoken to his Granddaughter and she used to visit two old aunts at Easenhall near Rugby.

PM sent

Keith

Hello Coldstreamer

I have a CG man by the name of Sydney William Druce that I would love to have the Service Record of, his service number is 9428' this I got from his Medal card on {A} there is some confusion on the card as it also names a S W Bruce but the address is correct as I have spoken to his Granddaughter and she used to visit two old aunts at Easenhall near Rugby.

Typo's are very common. Not sure you can message when u r at 7 posts?

To clarify, it's only coldstream papers I can get. Each guards regiment has its files in different rooms. I only have access to the coldstream archives as the rooms are locked unless some one us working there, and as soldiers work the archives they are often away training .

Coldstreamer,

The only two Coldstream men within the scope of my casualties project were officers, so they wouldn't be represented in the file series. If you do happen to know anyone else who would undertake a similar task for the other Guards regiments please let me know!

Clive

I can get officers papers so long as the library isn't being used, they are kept separate from or's.

I don't know about the others sorry.

Ian, I only have one group to The CG to Jonathan Walsh which you used to own and kindly sent me his papers some years ago. However I do have one or two other guards medals so does your very kind offer extend to the other museums? Regards John

PS, sorry Ian just read again the whole thread so answered my question. Regards John

Ian,

In that case, if you have a chance to access the officers' papers the ones required please are:

ADEANE, Captain Henry Robert Augustus 4th att. 1st C.Gds. killed 2 Nov. 1914.

MILLS, 2nd Lieut. Charles Gordon 1st C.Gds. killed 26 Jany. 1915.

Thanks for posting this kind offer.

Clive

I would be much obliged if you could look for my chap - 13684 Pte Reginald John Morse, enlisted 12 November 1914. Entered theatre - France 24 May 1015.

SWB list CG 224.

Thank you

Steve

noted Steve, I just checked and I have his picture and guards divisional certificate photos on file - was it something you sent me ?

Hello,

my annual trip to coldstream archives in London is planned for next month.

To supplement the travel costs I can get digital copies of service papers for £5. Money back if I find nothing. I do need the service number as they are filed numerically.

Let me know I interested

Cheers

Coldstreamer

I have a single Victory Medal to 6646 Pte W Manning C Gds nice if you can find his records. Thank you in advance and PM me for how you want payment.

Will let you know when I get a date I'm going confirmed, cheers

Ian

Will have three or four if you would be kind enough to check, will watch for your planned date and get in touch.

Regards Simon

I'd be interested in the papers of 19311 Horace Gamble Inman if you come across them

Cheers

Noted thanks both

noted Steve, I just checked and I have his picture and guards divisional certificate photos on file - was it something you sent me ?

Thanks. I only have his prayer book with ' R J Morse, 13684, Caterham, enlisted Nov 12 1914'

I am fairly certain he is a distant relative, although I still need to prove100%.

Steve

send me a PM with your email and Ill send over the picture of him and the certificate

PM sent.

Many thanks

Steve

Many thanks for all the information and photos. It looks like 3783 E G Morse comes from one of my Faringdon line. R J Morse still a bloomin mystery at the moment.

Best Regards and thanks

Steve

Sincere thanks for all of the information sent. S

• 2 weeks later...

Bear with me (growl) as I haven't got a date sorted -won't be for a few weeks yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a date in mid may when I'm going. Will send pms next week to those already contacted me but if anyone else needs anything get in touch. Coldstream only sorry

20120 Elijah Thomas Hughes, 3rd Bn, please.

Noted

Hopefully Ive PMd everyone with details - if you want papers and didnt get a message send me a PM please

cheers

Ian