Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Watson Brothers (Brig.Gen's William and Harry Watson)

ddycher

11 minutes ago, michaeldr said:

Another photograph of that YWCA Fete is dated 11 Nov 1919 and would therefore tie in with post No.5's newspaper cutting which informs that Maj-Gen Sir H D Watson was then 'a chief administrator of occupied enemy territory.'

1693126221_GenWatsonColStorrsatYWCA1919.jpg.4bb0cf4eefb8e8b0eff2bd22d87b4533.jpg

Michael,

Yes, indeed.

DB.

Thanks for the link Dave - They have added more shots since I last visited that site

Nos.124 & 125 are of interest to DB being the originals of those previously seen via alamy

39 minutes ago, michaeldr said:

Thanks for the link Dave - They have added more shots since I last visited that site

Nos.124 & 125 are of interest to DB being the originals of those previously seen via alamy

Michael,

Yes, indeed.

DB.

DB

I lose William Watson after Western Frontier Force and Delta District were merged in March 1917.

Regards

Dave

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Please note that there are several Generals called Watson, and to make things 'interesting', at least two of them were serving in the same theatre of war - The Palestine Campaign - at the same time. I think there's a bit of mixing up between them in this thread (although most is about Maj.-Gen. H. D. Watson)

Maj.-Gen. H. D. (Harry Davis) Watson - OETA

Brig.-Gen. C. F. Watson - 180th Brigade, 60th Division (Never found out his first & middle name). The photo below was taken in the yard of the English Hospital (Then. Today's English International School) at Prophets Street, West Jerusalem, the HQ of the 60th Division after the capture of the city - Today, December 9th, 106 years ago.  

Brigadier_General_C._F._Watson_the_first_British_officer_to_enter_Jerusalem_WWI_(29845531306).jpg.100f45389118e98a6017ecc65cb445b5.jpg