Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2nd Lt. G.E.Harris R.West Kent Regt. war memorial photo

coopal11

I am certain the medals and death penny are to the same man because the are housed in a 1920's style bronze frame.

I have seen a fake Memorial Plaque that had been in the soldiers family for donkeys yeas. It was just a cheap casting with the soldiers name engraved on it - not in relief as it should be. I didn't have the heart to tell the soldiers nephew that it wasn't genuine!

Does your Death Plaque have the name engraved? Could you post a photo of it?

BillyH.

Hello.

Reply to BillyH:

The name on the plaque is in relief, not engraved and it is 100% Genuine. I have shown it to many people and all agree on that count. I took a photo but it is bigger than the 250kb limit to attach it.

Reply to Phil Evans: That looks pretty conclusive.

Many thanks to everyone who has responded.

I have seen a fake Memorial Plaque that had been in the soldiers family for donkeys yeas. It was just a cheap casting with the soldiers name engraved on it - not in relief as it should be. I didn't have the heart to tell the soldiers nephew that it wasn't genuine!

Some late issue plaques did, correctly, have the name engraved on them. This was after they were closing down plaque production, and essentially made up a number of blanks to cover future issue. Admittedly most engraved plaques you will see will be "scrubbed" examples, but you can't say one is a fake just because it has engraved naming...