Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Set of 3 AIF medals

robbie

I have had considerable success with sniping, although on at least one occasion there was a "computer glitch" which prevented my bid being processed. As far as the question of fairness? Well, all's fair in love, war, and bidding!

Terry,

Did you by any chance have a couple of successful snipes today?

Robbie <_<

Another thing, whilst I ramble on: when I note the same person bidding on several lots in which I also have an interest - and I view them (subjectively) as being 'greedy' or placing a very silly, high reserve on each - I will bid on each item several times, with a slight increment for each bid (say £5-10).

OOOhhh, Richard that's wicked of you...

BTW: I do it, too.

Robbie :P

From the original question it does seem that Australian medal sets are highly priced and sought after, especially Light Horse or different units such as the Australian Electrical Mining & Boring Company.

There is a WW1 & WW2 set of medals on ebay at the moment to an original Anzac for $1250.00 Australian dollars. No bids on it yet though.

Amazing, Andrew. Could you please post the link to this listing? Can't seem to find it. Thanks mate.

Robbie

Sorry Robbie. I think it must have finished on Saturday. Last time I looked there were no bids on it so it might make another appearance in the future.

It was for a Lt Wadsworth who served at Gallipoli with the 4th Bn & I think with South African forces in WW2.

Cheers

Andrew