Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medal Index Card - Mons Star Help Needed

Gary Bainbridge

That was fed-ex price. I'm afraid I've had sticker shock and also the clerk there said I could expect that and more elsewhere. I will check into it soon.

There are sellers in USA on Ebay prepared to send Victory Medals to the UK for less than $10 postage; I don't understand why your quote from Fed Ex is so much more expensive. Here is an example:

post-105485-0-70723200-1446575429_thumb.

Chantel, I hope you can get the shipping costs down as shown by woollamc.

I don't kknow if you think it reasonable to contact the relative and explain that in view of you passing this heirloom medal, would they be prepared to cover your costs?

I've no idea how that medal made it to California, but re uniting it with relatives who NOW appreciate it, is a very nice gesture and I'm sure they wouldn't want you to be out of pocket for a good deed.

Chantel: Wrap the medal in a layer of bubble wrap and place it in a 3X5" or 4X6" padded envelope. Then take it to the post office and send it Registered Mail (International Signed For in the UK). It will cost you about $10-12 and will require a signature when it is received in the UK and you can track it the entire way. (Don't send it First Class as that type of post does not have to be signed for and cannot be tracked) Medal dealers routinely use Registered Mail to post medals between the US and UK.

Thank you everyone, I will send it by registered mail thru the Post Office. It will be trackable that way and wont cost an arm and a leg. Im so glad it isnt going to cost a fortune.