Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

10th Lincolnshire Regiment Casualties - Grimsby Chums

temptage

On 04/10/2014 at 23:47, Ken Wayman said:

Several years ago I researched our village memorial, Pelsall (then in South Staffs). One of the lads commemorated served and died in the Chums battalion. He was 43624 Pte George Jeffries who was

killed in action assaulting Roeux Chemical Works on 28th April 1917. I have plenty of info on him if you would like it.

Ken

Hi Ken, I'm sorry to post in such an old thread, but couldn't believe the chances when I saw this. I'm currently trying to research Pte Jeffries on behalf of my mum, who is his great-niece. So far we've found his service number and grave location, but I'm eager to find out as much as possible to share with her. Any chance you still have any of this info and would be willing to share it? Massive thanks for your time in advance!

• Admin

Welcome to the forum. @Ken Wayman is still visiting the forum, so my tag should alert them to your post. 

8 minutes ago, Michelle Young said:

Welcome to the forum. @Ken Wayman is still visiting the forum, so my tag should alert them to your post. 

Thank you very much Michelle, I appreciate it!

Hi Cymru12

I'm still around! Happy to share George's info. If you message me your email I'll gladly send you everything I have researched.

Ken