Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Christmas Truce 1914 card orders via GWF Conference

Kate Wills

The address for sending cheques to the Forum is Wells, Somerset - is the member at this address going to the conference and would like to pick up a a couple of packs for me? - I would pick up them and pay for them next week or when convenient.

Trust all goes well at the Conference - sounds a good line up!

Honora

Yes, Honora, that's me and I'll be there. Happy to pick some up for you

Alan

Thanks so much - the cards look really good and it's an excellent way to support the Forum.

Have a good week end and pm me when you get back .

Keen to get some when postal options sorted.

Cheers

Shirley

Shirley, they aren't listening I'm afraid - they're all at the Conference today...............selling Christmas Cards.

Anne

• 4 weeks later...

We will decide the best postal distribution option when we meet at conference, and then members will be the first to know.

Keith

Was the best postal distribution option decided upon at the conference, or were they all sold?

Anne

There are plenty still in stock, but we will not be promoting them until the autumn. Some work has been done on postage costs, but not yet finalised. The date may in itself get us into trouble with those who believe thast the C word should not be allowed in the public arena before mid December!

Keith

Keith, it is such a pity these will not be available until the autumn as I had intended purchasing 12-14 packs, some of which I was posting on to Canada and Australia at my own expense. The problem is that these would be too expensive to post to these countries by air mail and will take up to 60 days to reach their destinations by surface mail, too late for posting in the autumn I fear.

Anne

same here Anneca Canada-south Africa and oz (4) autumn pushing it a bit

Biff :innocent:

Anneca and Biffo

We can I'm sure sort something out for you and for anyone else envisaging bulk international posting- but the main relaunch will not be until probably late September. I have been making some calculations about weight so can we discuss this by PM and I can give you some idea of weights etc. We could probably arrange such bulk orders in late June, but then there might well be a cut off until September.

Can we discuss your wishes by PM please

Keith