The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Tommies Bar in Pozieres

KIRKY

pat mate

what's his name sure will have athoughed for him when i am there again.

and as to the duffelbag....recon paschendaele memorial museum would be the best..seeying your vieuw

used have to get dominic to answer my emails

coo-ee

patrick

Patrick & Pat.

I vote for the Passchendaele Museum, if its not staying where it is.

Pat

Caught it before it disappeared. It was excellent.

Now its my turn.

Wondering if I dare ask. What's a 'mo'?

Kate

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I remember going to a really cool great war themed bar near the Ramparts cemetary in Ypres, they had WW1 footage playing in the background.

I remember some really potent trappist beers!! also some bizzarre food, but I think that was more of a missunderstanding on my part!!

Lots of relics in there too, the name escapes me, regarding Ramparts Cemetary, I have to say it's one of the most serene of it's kind.

I understand some of the shot at dawn soldeirs are buried there, although I did not realise it at the time....

Soren

Lots of relics in there too, the name escapes me, regarding Ramparts Cemetary, I have to say it's one of the most serene of it's kind.

I understand some of the shot at dawn soldeirs are buried there, although I did not realise it at the time....

Soren

No Soren, there are no Shot-at- dawn at Ramparts Cemetery (but there are in Ypres Reservoir Cem., behind the prison).

I think the decision to make it on the city walls was symbolic, because the city was held so long by the British Army. That's probably the reason why a S-A-D would not have been the first choice to bury there.

The burials are very diverse, there is even a Maori grave.

Erwin

I love Ramparts Cemetery. Aurel-did you ever get to the bottom of the Rose Coombs scattered ashes mystery? Another mystery is the 't Klein Ryssel' bar and museum. Whenever I go past it's closed!

Another mystery is the 't Klein Ryssel' bar and museum. Whenever I go past it's closed!

Matt,

you must either go past very early in the morning...........or after 10 O'Clock at night!!!!!

I was once disappointed it was closed after I strolled down there at just gone 10 at nght!

Or it is closed the Wednessday: when most schools have field trips in the afternoon....

But the landlord is a super symphatic guy!