Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
egbert

Narrow gauge RR video. Ride from depot to combat zone

8055Bell

Egbert,

Vista spotted the sign @ 4.02. I spotted the ghost railway on google maps. I'm going to have another look at the video to see if I can recognise the curves heading north or south into the station area. This should help identify some more bits and bobs.

Sorry if I caused confusion. Great video

Tim

WW1 and Steam boffin

egbert

I do not think it is the old, still Google visible RR line from Criosilles to Queant as the track was regular spur and all along on an elevated dam. I was there and know the RR line. Also to my knowledge the regular RR was never running as it was brand-new and still not ready to use because the dam was littered with Brit bunkers underneath and aside the dam. Very nicely documented by Ernst Jünger btw. So no , the today's visible line is on an elevated RR dam and the shown narrow gauge is not. I would rather say it is one of the hundred quickly lain narrow gauges around Ecoust.

old joe

A fantastic trip back into time.

Stunning, hoping to see more like this........

Regards,

Joseph

Phil Wood

Great film - shows just how mundane so much of the effort was - more hay than ammunition.

egbert

I have posted another fine digitalized narrow gauge RR video -from the French side here under the current tagging.