Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Conference 2013 - photos

AlanCurragh

Thanks so much for posting. I hope you all have a wonderful event.

cheers

peter

WELL! I am totally fed up with you lot. It just isn't fair that you always get to go to the conference and you have to rub it in with all your pictures of debauchery etc. Anyway, I vote that next year it should be held in warm, sunny :ph34r: Vancouver so that we North Americans can more readily attend. It would only take the rest of you eight hours to get there from London, Glasgow or Manchester, which is probably a shorter time than getting wherever via British Rail. So there!

Hazel :angry2:

Hey, Hazel, I'm up for the GWF confernece being held in Canada, just convince everyone else and I'll be there!

Conor/ Peter, you're very welcome.

If only you had asked Kim we would have turned round for you. Lovely shot of the back of my head and my partners bald spot

Mandy

Almost as it happens, second speaker, Peter Barton in action, talking about La Boiselle (the Glory Hole):

image-13.jpg

But, wouldn't it be nice if you lot held your conference at a respectable hour. I was probably asleep the entire time it was being held. :ph34r: Looks like a great time, but please there is no need

to export it.

Kim:

Thanks for the pics--it's nice to be able to put faces to the names we see on the Forum all year long.

Chris

Kim:

Thanks for the pics--it's nice to be able to put faces to the names we see on the Forum all year long.

Chris

Agreed. And also as per Hazel perhaps we should try for a N.American meet up.

Chris

As it is Peter speaking, is it Kim on the screen????????

Peter expounding what must be one of the seminal theories of WW1 that all French generals were handsome men and all German one's "ugly bastaards"

Good old Peter who makes Nigel Farrage look insipid and unopinionated (in a non political sense of course)

Hey, Hazel, I'm up for the GWF confernece being held in Canada, just convince everyone else and I'll be there!

We could always hold it in France except I don't think the Albert Gendarmery have a hall big enough :)

Andy

.... I'm up for the GWF confernece being held in Canada, just convince everyone else and I'll be there!

Not that easy - I haven't yet told Mrs Ice tiger that during the drive home this morning Tony E & I decided to go on one of PMH's Gallipoli tours next year :whistle:

Andy

[Pighills, on 13 April 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

Hey, Hazel, I'm up for the GWF confernece being held in Canada, just convince everyone else and I'll be there!]

We could always hold it in France except I don't think the Albert Gendarmery have a hall big enough :)

Andy

What about a video link.

Kath.

I think Mr Harts presentation may have to be modified for broadcast

Andy

I recognise a few of the faces. From Crimewatch, I think :hypocrite:

Bernard

Just a few more photos from the conference, the others were from my iPad which could be uploaded straight away, but these are from my camera.

First up, a lovely photo of Mark Hifle (MHifle on the forum) in the OC the night before:

http://P1110705.jpg

Not everyone is daft enough to go to the Indian for food at midnight, and make themselves ridiculously tired the next day, some are sensible, like Bruce and his crew, and I think I may join them next year!

http://P1110707.jpg

I thought I had escaped being photographed!

The crew are Molly Rennie (who is about to join the Forum), Margaret (Ayesha), Alan Tucker (Jack) and the bald old so-and-so is me.

The food was not expensive, and was also rather good.

Ayesha had done a days' work, and then there was the drive down to the hotel and the taxi rise to the OC, so was not only famished, but also wouldn't have been up for a late night (any more than I would have been). So since they ate in the OC last year, it seemed sensible to do so again.

The beer was good, too.

Bruce

Not everyone is daft enough to go to the Indian for food at midnight, and make themselves ridiculously tired the next day, some are sensible, like Bruce and his crew, and I think I may join them next year!

I seem to remember that last year I ate in the OCs and the Indian and might have done the same this year had I been there. :D

cheers Martin B

I only know Alan and Pete in this photo, some on, identify yourselves! (pretty please :) )

http://P1110717.jpg

I think that is Brummie Fusilier in the bottom RH corner

Roger

Ps Wot? No photos of me?