Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

*Update* Could any one identify this badge for me please?

wonkiewidge

Hi again,

Just a quick update for anyone that's interested.

As I mentioned earlier I managed to find a family tree of a granddaughter of the next door neighbour who signed up in WW2 with my grandfather Thomas.

Unfortunately I've had no response, maybe the family history bug didn't bite that deep as they haven't been on their site for 10 months....... Oh well, nice try.

I applied for Thomas England's 1st marriage certificate to a Mary Green in 1918 in the hope that it would give his regimental details.

Again I bombed out. His occupation was a 'General Labourer'. :(

It did confirm that He married in his brother's name Charles though, with his own name (Thomas) as a middle name. He married under age (My what a surprise! :rolleyes: ), aged 19 in a registry office, with an unknown couple as witness. Why doesn't that surprise me?

I just wonder what I'm going to dig up next. :w00t:

I might just try looking into the news paper archives they have online. You never know.

The only other thing I can think of to try is to apply for his WW2 papers..... It's going to be a long wait.

TTFN,

Linda

Thanks for the update,keep on perservering with your research.Remember the expression that researchers use ,

"" It'not the finding but the thrill of the chase " Used when making slow progress.

ALLEN.

. It's going to be a long wait.

TTFN,

Linda

It'll all be over by Christmas, I'm told.

Bummer. Keep plugging Linda. Any children prior to his marriage?