Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Uniform ID Please: RA but not RA!

Muerrisch

I believe that the date on the MIC refers to the disembarkation date in the overseas theatre, not the embarkation date in UK. However, may of the troops sent to Gallipoli went via Alexandria, so he may have landed there on 14.3.15.

Incidentally, Joe (post 13), Brigade and Divisional Ammunition Column personnel were RFA, not ASC. Divisional Ammunition PARKS were ASC MT, though.

Ron

I believe that the date on the MIC refers to the disembarkation date in the overseas theatre, not the embarkation date in UK. However, may of the troops sent to Gallipoli went via Alexandria, so he may have landed there on 14.3.15.

Incidentally, Joe (post 13), Brigade and Divisional Ammunition Column personnel were RFA, not ASC. Divisional Ammunition PARKS were ASC MT, though.

Ron

Thank you Ron, I agree the Date SHOULD be disembarkation but my 2nd RWF people have a goodly number "arriving" the day before the war diary has them "arriving". 10th Aug and 11 Aug 1914 ....... the second formed infantry unit in F&F, and would have been first if on 10th!

But we would have little to discuss if all the clerical work was spot-on!