Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Yorkshire Regiment TF: When?

CarylW

Oops. Turns out there was a Word document sent seperately, explaining some of the photos that I'd filed away once I'd downloaded it into a temporary folder. Just backtracked through e-mails and downloaded it again. . .(this was sent to me a while back during a 'busy' period when I wasn't paying attention.)... Michael W Carney is not in any of the Territorial photos above. Thought he didn't resemble any family members! I would still have posted asking about the photos, so thanks again for all replies. I've edited my posts accordingly

However, according to the information, this was written on the back of one of the photos

D Coy 5th York’s Regt Northumbrian Dvn B.E. Force The numbers in the Word document don't correspond with the numbers on the photos as I was sent them via email though. I'll be contacting the sender forthwith

Apologies. Mystery solved. I'll investigate the rest

• 4 months later...

There is a photograph of machine gunners from the 5th Bn Yorkshire Regiment in Mark Marsay's book 'Baptism of Fire' page 142, although not very distinct the men are all named.

David