Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Regiment Identity

TheCount

The only Edward Holden in RWF (with medals) is 67274 and luckily his papers have survived. Have you been able to access them to eliminate him?

Aged 33 years when he enlisted on 31 3 1917 . Lived at 5 Lime Street, Great Harwood. Wife Mary (nee Green) He was in 3rd Bn before being posted to 14th Bn in France in July 1917.

Hywyn

Tracking him back in the census and he look to be on the 1901 at 46 Chapel St, Rishton, Lancs and he has a brother Robert two years younger. Parents Martin & Catherine.

Hywyn

I haven't managed to find his papers that sounds like him, except is wife was May Green.

Is it possible to attach them or is that not allowed?

That is definitely him. :thumbsup:

My brother has done a lot of research into the family tree, so we have a lot of family detail.

We have a photo album, but no names.

So we are trying to put names to faces. :mellow:

If we could find a Robert Holden in the KLR that would be great.

OK. He should be able to pick it up on the number. Let me know by Personal Messenger if there is a problem.

See this site for the Absent Voters list of Accrington and some of the surrounds. I don't know the area. If you can't find anything on that site I suggest you either change he thread title to include the placename or start another thread with his name and address. There are some on this Forum with good working knowledge of that area but wont necessarily have picked up on this thread.

http://www.pals.org.uk/avl/index.htm