Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Thomas James Brislen MM

andalucia

1 minute ago, Matlock1418 said:

Louise,

Welcome to GWF.

Great to have a further member and your photo.

Hope you and all make further discoveries here.

M

P.S. I'm not related in any way - so far as I know!  Just been happy to help above.

Thank you Mat 😊

Hi  @LouiseG and welcome to the forum.

Here’s a shout out to  @Lynn Brislen, although possibly you know each other outside the forum.

Thank you for adding the picture – it’s not quite clear enough to tell but possibly he is wearing the ribbon of his Military Medal over his left breast pocket. It certainly came after the award, as he has been promoted to Lance-Corporal. The award normally came with a period of blighty leave but I suspect the picture was taken later.

I presume it may even be possible to identify the children arranged around Annie based on their ages – if that information isn’t already known.  My best guess would be from left to right:-

Richard (dob 01/10/13)… John Owen (dob 16/10/11)… Francis (dob 18/09/15).., James Joseph (dob 26/11/06)…Thomas (dob 30/04/10)

Cheers,
Peter

Hi Lynn, no problem, if I come across anymore I’ll add them here 😊 so my Great, Great Grandfather was Thomas Brislen, my Great Grandfather James Brislen was the eldest son of Thomas, then I think your father in law Thomas was the 2nd son… how exciting! Would love to find out any more info. My Mums cousin in America has done a lot of research into the Brislen family, if I come across anything interesting I’ll let you know 😊

Hi all, some further info, so I think my great Grandfather James Brislen born 26/11/1906 , 1st son of Thomas Brislen was named after his Grandfather, also James Brislen born in 1845. 

B3CF2013-466A-46E0-8217-399D75C889E0.jpeg

@Lynn Brislen so Tommy was my Nans brother! How funny… my Nan was called Maureen, her brothers were Tommy & Frank, sisters were Eileen and Kathleen. So Michael & Patti are my Mums cousins (my mum is called Pam) 🤣 x

Hi @LouiseG, Hi @Lynn Brislen.

It's likely that trolls and spammers won't be able to do too much with the details of family relationships, but as this forum can be searched by Google et al you may not want to post too much about individuals that are still alive.

You both now have access to the forum private messaging system - it you're using a tablet or smartphone just tap on either the user name or the "L" avatar you both have and that should take you to the profile page. One of the options there across the top header is "message". (If you on a PC \ Mac \ Laptop then just hovver the cursor over user name \ avatar and a pop out box will give you the same options).

1590266607_Profileaccess.png.865ef3281461ca080bccd8140bb87f1e.png

Please keep adding details about Thomas James and of course ask away about the Great War - you may want to take another look at both the men and women folk of his generation in your family tree after all the excitement of this thread. Can't guarantee to put descendants from your extended family in contact with every thread, but we can try:)

Cheers,
Peter

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

@Lynn Brislen @LouiseG dropped in unscripted and said hello 

70670DEC-4FF6-49FF-B098-7E7A186E2C6F.jpeg

F7D94A97-CE8B-4948-9AF8-895F97302FE2.jpeg

• Admin

Not related. Found ourselves at Lapugnoy today and remembered this post.