Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medal Cards

expatpom

Thanks for the prompt Frogsmile. Unfortunately Steve this John Cartwright doesn't seem to tie in with my Great Grandfather John Cameron Cartwright. Having done a lot of research I cant imagine him living above a shop in Hackney! He was living in the Twickenham area in 1915 and then on a motor yacht for many years; in Scotland and on the Thames. Then back to the Twickenham area before he and Victoria emigrated to South Africa in 1940. You are right though, he never married Victoria or my Great Grandmother Blanche. I know his first wife Ethel petitioned him for divorce in 1915 on the grounds of cruelty but after many years of legal wrangling it was struck off so not sure if it was ever declared absolute but she did re-marry.

I hope you find the right John Cartwright - it may be another branch of our family; John is a very popular name as I work backwards.

kind regards

Lynn

On 01/05/2021 at 08:58, FROGSMILE said:

@lynncartwright hasn’t visited since January 2014, but she might be notified by this shoutout, or once you’ve made 2-posts you can send her a private message (which she will receive via email) by opening her profile page and clicking on the envelope symbol.

Thanks. I have sent a message. Steve 

31 minutes ago, Steve Turner said:

Thanks. I have sent a message. Steve 

She (Lynn) has posted just above Steve, so you can now respond to her here too if you wish.  I’m glad that you’ve made contact.

Edited by FROGSMILE