Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Use of satnavs with camera warnings

richardIII

Since I started this topic I have done a bit of research on breathalysers on tinternet and it is very difficult to find out which are accurate enough to give a true reading. Not much use if you buy one that under reads except to fulfil the requirement to have one in the car.

I have looked how to deactivate speed camera warnings on my satnav while in France, but would that cover me if I was stopped and my device examined, as technically it would still have the relevant information on it even if not in use?

Not always easy to comply with French requirements!

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Bellflower,

When you get to 'Settings', is there a down arrow? If so, press it and you should get to 'Proximity Alerts' - this works on my Nuvi 250.

Grant

Sorry for the delay in replying Grant, been offline for awhile ( thanks BT ). Tried that, all the options I have are System, Navigation, Display, Time, Language, Map, Security, Bluetooth. I've tried each one but no Proximity Alert option appears.....................

If you have a means of updating your information it will probably sort itself.

Mt Tomtom update just neatly removed the French cameras.

In any event it is worth checking the manufacturer's website for support options.

Keith

If you have a means of updating your information it will probably sort itself.

Mt Tomtom update just neatly removed the French cameras.

In any event it is worth checking the manufacturer's website for support options.

Keith

There is an agreement that updates will delete info on precisely where cameras are. They will just give an indication of zones.