Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Northamptonshire Regiment & Decoy ( Gallipoli ) 1

roger

Joe

Unfortunately, your PH images wouldn't open when I had a look.

I can't get them either. I honestly didn't think my query about shirts would provoke this much interest or knowledge!

Thanks, Roger.

I like to get my model figures as accurate as possible and the information provided by forum members on this topic and the others I've asked about is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Roger.

Guest Chip Minx

Joe,

Thanks for the more detailed ID on my shirt. So when is your book coming out? I know that there have been plenty of things published on the subject of British uniforms and kit, but nothing that would parallel what Kraus did for us German collectors. After reading many of your posts, it seems to me that you have the in-depth information necessary to pull it off. Certainly, someone who is as serious about the subject, as you appear to be, has considered it.

You are right about the colors of the shirts in the magazine article. They are too deep. My shirt is much closer in color to the posting of it that I made earlier in this thread.

One final question from me. What type of markings do you typically see in these shirts? I have looked all over mine for a Broad Arrow or WD, but see nothing but the manufacturer's markings.

Regards,

Chip

Here are some pics of the painted up figure. I hope I've done justice to the Shirt! :)

Thanks very much to all who contributed to this thread.

Hopefully you can make out the badges on the figures hate belt. (The subject of a previous discussion.) The detail is really well sculpted on the belt among the tiny badges are a fusiliers grenade badge (1/ Lancs probably) and an Australian sunburst badge.

If anyone paints model soldiers this one is well recommended.

Roger.

post-23-1092764263.jpg

Well done on the painting Roger

I like the model too; Tommy [mug in hand, empty rum jar behind] gaining support from his silent friend is a lovely idea

Best regards

Michael D.R.

Cheers Michael, figures like this are a joy to paint. Now whats next?

Don't be suprised if there are any RFC uniform queries appearing around here :rolleyes:

Roger.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to Roger for re-hijacking his thread, which turned into a discussion about OR shirts. Herewith some pix of a White shirt - seemingly Hospital Unmade.

And I was mistaken about the (shortened?) sleeves been bound in the same tape as the neck - they're just hemmed.

Rgds,

Grovetown.