Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trench Raiding Caps / Headwear

tn.drummond

Thanks to all for the length and breadth of responses particularly to Tocemma, for sheer variety and Joe for definitiveness. I do have a good picture of Norfolks' wearing the cap in a range of manners that I would like to upload but can't get around the 100k limit. Any advice how to do this from those more experienced.

Still very much a novice

Tim

Tim, try resizing or cropping the photo to match the needed 100k limit in photoshop. If you don't have that there are proprietary programs on photohosting sites which provide you the same function. You can monitor both the file size and dimensions. And when you've past the limit for number of pictures per post (3) you can add them simply by creating another reply.

Hope that helps a little. But in any event, this is a wonderful thread you started here. I've always wanted to learn more about the comforter's history!

Hi Alex - thanks for the advice will tinker tonight when I have more time. They've some great pictures posted and I feel duty bound to contribute.

Tim

Hopefully E Co 2/6th (Cyclist) Battalion Norfolk regiment are seen here demonstrating various ways of wearing the 'Cap Comforter'. Only about a 1/4 of the original image but no doubt I'll master it in due course. As always, struck by the youth of some of these fellows

Tim

post-53823-0-32932400-1302190263.jpg

Hopefully E Co 2/6th (Cyclist) Battalion Norfolk regiment are seen here demonstrating various ways of wearing the 'Cap Comforter'. Only about a 1/4 of the original image but no doubt I'll master it in due course. As always, struck by the youth of some of these fellows

Tim

Cracking photo Tim and unmistakable view of the cap comforter in wear. Thanks for posting.