Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

George John Pritchard - Uniform ID

Verrico2009

Update: I'm pleased to say I've tracked GJP down a bit further. My brother made a throwaway comment about knowing he spent the rest of his working life on the railways from the death certificates, so I duly spent some time going through the relevant records Unfortunately I've not been able to ascertain exactly when he joined but he was there by April 1920 (obviously some gaps to fill in: docks in his father's footsteps, munitions work as a result of army service etc?). So we now know more about his life after he was discharged at the end of 1917.

As a result of all the work here, my brother is now convinced we have successfully identified the man in question. So today (ably assisted by KevinW4) I have been at Kew tracking down the medal roll for his 1914/15 Star. It revealed he was with the 62nd Battery (see excerpt). Obviously, the next step is to dig out the war diary on my next trip to the Archives, but in the meantime does anyone have any information that might help me piece together where he would have served?

post-49061-0-93137400-1304792134.jpg