Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Gravesite in St Days, Truro.

RNCVR

Thanks Kath,

My Bro-in-law just pointed out to me your Avatar is the coat of arms of Cornwall!

What an expert I am huh? :D

Well, live in holland most of the year...

Cheers,

Michael

Bryan,

It's a favour to a pal like another pal did me a huge favour just a little while back.

No charges.

I'll mail the photos after the end of the month when I'm back in Holland + broadband :P

And by the way if all else fails you can do me a favour in Canada, faily neat to you, Calcary and Winnipeg... ;)

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Was not aware you are from Holland - thats interesting, what does "broadband"mean? I thought it had something to do with shortwave??

Can you e mail me scans of the photos before you send them?? I'll PM you my address also.

Winnipeg is about 3-4 days drive aways & Calgary is at the other end of the country - about 6 days away. Depends upon how one drives & how many 'necessary stops' one has to make on the way. It took me 8 days to get to Victoria a few yrs back, & I expect would be a good deal more costly today!

Again, Michael many thanks & best wishes also Kath - amazing yr avatar is the Coat of Arms of Cornwall - co-incidence??

Bry

Sorry Bry,

I was being too fast.

Broadband=very fast internetconnection which my sister does not have, so when I'm back I'll send the photo's via E-mail very quickly.

I'll contact you off forum a.s.a.p after the 30th.

Cheers,

Michael

OK, sounds like a plan Michael,

where I live I am on dial up connex so dont make the files too large, something at say 800Kb takes a LONG time to come in. Around the 200 Kb range is better.

thanks again!

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

Found the stinker.

I stayed in the car while my sister took a picture.... :lol:

Cheers,

Michael

post-19-1088716772.jpg

Many thanks Michael for all the superb pics you have been sending me of the St Days cemetery & church & Boyce's gravesite -

I appreciate very much what you & yr sister have done on my behalf!

I would also like to thank the Great War Forum for making this possible! Great bunch of people I have met thru the forum - very helpful indeed!!

Bryan :D

Here is a scan of Edward Boyce's medals.

Bryan

post-19-1089061894.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Michael,

The CD arrived safely & the pics are SUPERB!!! :P

Many many thanks to both you & yr sister for taking the time & effort to locate. clear, & photo the Boyce gravesite & the church for me - very very much appreciated!

Would also again like to publicy thank the Great War Forum administrators, managers & moderators for making this possible!!

Bryan :rolleyes: