Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Capt Jocelyn Lee Hardy, DSO, MC and bar

corisande

I just watched who do you think you are on UK TV . it will answer all your Qs re Ireland.the guest was Brendan O'Carroll of Mrs Browns Boys TV show.in 1920 Brendan's grand dad was shot & a note pinned on him suggested the IRA killed him.. But it was the British ..J Hardy was a hit an for the Brits to get rid of IRA men..this show will explain why the IRA was after him i see you're looking for a photo of him.In the show it says he wrote 2 books & in one of them there was a clear photo of him..I also don't believe he was on half pay,He was an Intelligence man & would have been paid more off the books....They worked undercover & were a law unto themselves..I don't know if you are related to him but in those times the Brits fought dirty

Even though it was not their country ..Bloody Sunday came after this killing & theIRA killed 14 of these hit men & Hardy got away.My father was in the army in ww2 in Sydney as married men with families did not serve overseas..I recently found he was courtmartialled & they wouldn't tell me why..I think he was a deserter & they thought that would be terrible to tell me..So that's my war story & everyone has skeletons in their families..Please try & get hold of the Brendan O'Carroll Who Do You Think You Are...It's full of details...

regards Sueper.....