Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RFC tunic, helmet, goggles

dutchbarge

Hi there - I am new to this forum posting stuff - so please go easy on me. I have been collecting since I was a teenager and that is 23 or so years now - I still remember getting WW1 stuff from actual veterals, albeit in their upper 80s low 90s at that point, similar to the WW2 veterans now.

I thought I would add some comments to this forum, as I have had a lot, and still have a lot of WW1 RFC, RNAS, and RAF uniforms. Someone mentioned above regarding the rarity of RNAS tunics, and yes, I have only ever seen one that I am comfortable with and it is in my collection. Most of the others I have seen have been conversions of other, later, RN No. 5 tunics. In time I will add some pics, mainly Canadian stuff to BC boys, of an RNAS tunic, an RFC officer maternity, an RFC O/R maternity, RFC flying coat (w/ angled map pocket), RAF blue tunic and cap, equipment, etc. If there is anything anyone is looking for with regards to research please let me know. I am somewhat private with the collection as far as giving out names and such as often times the families are still around and I don't want people encroaching on them as I have experienced that in the past.

All the best,

Smilingirish

Forgot to add to the original post I made earlier today - I also can supply pictures of a WRAF tunic, skirt, cap and the tie (found in the pocket - albeit rather detiorated now) and an 1918 Khaki RAF tunic to a Canadian. Also, I have a couple early inter-war tunics, namely the 1919 pattern, one with a stand-and-fold collar, another with just a simple stand collar which is fairly unique, plus some others including a KD button belt tunic.

Regds, RJRL

Welcome aboard Rory, It'll be interesting to see what you've added recently.

Scott

Thanks Scott - trust you're doing well - flew over your neck of the woods a number of months ago on the way to San Antonio. I will get some pictures up in due time and you can check out the stuff. Otherwise I have been finding the collecting of good items a little slow.

All the best,

Rory