Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

"Researching a soldier"

dorel341

not needed anymore, sorry about all the quotes.

It's too bad Grant's information didn't pan out.

Ive done it right now :unsure: , sent it by PM as it's not WW1

Grant

Not needed. Sorry about all the quotes

[Edit: this post covered tips on how to post without previous material being repeated - removed as Elaine has done a tip-top job on pruning out all that material using my Tips!

Well done! Much more readable now!

:thumbsup:

Cheers,

Mark

]

Thank you, I missed seeing that :wub:

Bronno

I got in touch with Local Studies Library. Nottingham Central Library. This is there reply.

quote: I have forwarded your enquiry to Hucknall Library where they have copies of the Hucknall Despatch on Microfilm. Hopefully you will hear from them shortly.

MBrockway. Mark

I tried Scotlands People. Nothing that would fit my Maud. Scotland won't give out all the information on the 1901 census.

You have relatives in BC? Are they in a big city? I'm in the Okanagan Valley in a place called Penticton.

I have another uncle or two I would like information on. When I get everything together I will start a new post if that's OK?

Bye for now

My name is Elaine

John Hartley

I don't know if I answered you, I didn't send for the marriage licence. I may do that yet. I haven't had much luck with the certificates so far. Hard to read some of the scrawls.

I do have Ancestry, complete access, and I have kept what they have. No where does it give his parents name.

David Faulder

I have removed the Aldershot from his profile. Thanks.

I tried Scotlands People. Nothing that would fit my Maud.

You have relatives in BC? Are they in a big city?

I have another uncle or two I would like information on. When I get everything together I will start a new post if that's OK?

I haven't started hunting for Maud in Newmilns yet, but it looks like she appears in the Death Register for Basford District in Q2 1921.

See here:

Maud Haywood death entry via FreeBMD website

My people are in Vancouver and in Victoria. A great aunt and her descendants. I also have closer relatives in Seattle. If I didn't already live in God's Own Country, then BC or New Zealand would be my next choice!

As you suggest, much better to start separate Topics for your other uncles. You (or another Pal) can always include Topic links to connect them up. I wish every Pal was as diligent and thorough about their Topics as you are Elaine!

Cheers,

Mark

Incidentally Beeston and Hucknall Torkard are both in the Basford Registration District.

Cheers,

Mark

To all of you !

Through the help of several people I now have a transcribe of the 1916 newspaper article about Harry Haywood. Folks in England are very helpful.

I'm satisfied that soldier Harry is my uncle Harry.

Bye for now :thumbsup: