Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Geoff's Wondeful Search Engine

daggers

Have I finally flipped or does a John Lennon Cold turkey Youtube video now appear when one tries to search now? :unsure:

Geoff must be reading the posts here. :lol: We are all suffering, better put Take That's Patience up as well

Caryl

Nice one Geoff.

Just keep taking the tablets Caryl, I'm sure all will be well soon.

Keith

As it appears Geoff does read this forum I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I (we) all think you're an all round good egg and should get an award* for your sterling work as a writer of things-complicated.

*Probably in the form of lots of luvvery beer at the very least. But I could stretch to chocolate if that's what floats your boat. :D

Could Geoff be persuaded to come to next years' Conference?

We could all thank him in beer.....and then get him back to his hotel in a wheelbarrow!

Bruce

Good idea Bruce. Geoff's search engine has proved really helpful to this relative novice; sufficiently so for me to have at least some undersatnding of its value to those undertaking more substantial research.

Keith

As it appears Geoff does read this forum I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I (we) all think you're an all round good egg and should get an award* for your sterling work as a writer of things-complicated.

Oh absolutely! I have long maintained what a fine, wonderful, kind, caring, super-intelligent person he is. Sir (or Saint) Geoff has a nice ring to it!

Caryl

PS "G&S version" D?

A change on Geoff's site - he is now requesting registration which involves a voluntary donation to Help for Heroes. Confirmation of the details of the system is awaited - it looks as if there is a delay while one's application is approved. I'll advise here when I hear more.

So far it is good news!

D

LATER

Registration was quick and brought an email with authorisation, though my password is what the system provides and is not memorable. The great thing is that the Engine is running and has a foreseeable future. If you are reading this, Geoff, thanks from me, and I expect, others.

D

You can add my thanks to those already expressed.

One of the most important resources on the net as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers,

Nigel