Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hartington War Memorial

Janet Bray

On 16/08/2010 at 18:14, Janet Bray said:

Thanks Jo, for the information. Sorry for the delay in response. It's been a while since I logged on. A friend who lives near Hartington is a relative of Frank's (Named 'Shirley' as it happens) He also remembers the photo that you mention. We are collating all the informaton we have collected to date about those named on the War Memorial and putting it on permanent display at the British Legion Club. This will have it's "Grand Opening" just before Remembrance Sunday. I'll pass on your information to Brian.

Thanks gain

Janet

Hello Jo, I am from Australia and have what is called a Poppy Park Memento for Frank BROOMHEAD. Poppy Park was a temporary memorial in 2014 to remember over 102,000 Australians who have died in War. The memorial was in Penrith, NSW. I volunteered with the project. The Poppy I have was purchased by my Mother who has since passed. I purchased 6 of my own with one I have sent to relatives of the Poppy Park Soldier. Please google Poppy Park Penrith to see what I am referring to. I would be happy to send the Poppy to you or any interested relative of Frank Broomhead. Australian National Archives records show that Frank was around 16 years of age when he came to Australia as a labourer. I have been researching Frank's war records and discovered he came from Hartington and I found Hartington War Memorial details on this forum.  Kind regards, Ann K

• Admin

Welcome to the forum. @Janet Bray hasn’t visited the forum for 10 years. My tag might  alert them to your post.