Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Fromelles Open Letter to Minister

MelPack

I can only endorse what Ian has said about giving the oponent the opportunity to step back with dignity, to not do so prolongs the fight and does no good for the fallen of Fromelle, as well as putting the proponent of the arguement in a permanently bad light. It might be fun or habit to attack as though in a court room, denigrating the opponents witnesses, which no doubt influences the jury, but earns the lawyer and all those of that ilk, the undying enmity of the witnesses.

May I suggest one of the problems is that this is being dealt with by MOD, they quite rightly have far bigger and more important issues on their plate, and I include the "Joint Compassionate and Care Centre" in this, their focus is quite rightly on today and the Killed, Wounded and Injured of today. The past and commenoration is necessarily a lower priority activity. Here in Australia the Fallen of Fromelles gained more ground because veterans and war commemoration issues are in their own department, they are not competing directly for the money and resources with bombs and bullets. Dare I say UK veterans, the wounded and injured service personnel would get a better deal if you had a seperate veterans department, and MOD would be able to focus more on its primary function.

Cheers,

Hendo