Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

new booklet by Grumpy on 'Trade' badges

Muerrisch

Well, I thought it was imminent, but adding illustrations will set it back, especially as some will need to be sourced from collectors .... I have not, unfortunately, an example of every badge, having stopped collecting in 1984.

So, I don't know, but it is probably months now, not weeks.

Great big garden to attend, and a great big Mrs Head Gardener to appease. Lawns, paved and gravelled surfaces, hedges, ditches are my bailliewick, not allowed to do anything more challenging.

Thank you for replies. I trialled illustrations with printer this morning, a dummy page, and we reckon it can be done.

All I need to do now is the graft.

it can be done......

Great; please put me down for one.

Andy

Grumpy,

I do take your point on the armbands. Looking forward to your booklet!

Cheers,

Hendo

• 10 months later...

When I published this, I was short of several important badges in the correct materials or colour for the SD jacket but decided to go ahead.

I now have them.

They include x rifles star, x rifles crown, x rifles star in wreath, G star wreath, G crown wreath, and all the various crossed whips/spur combinations.

If there is any demand I am prepared to do a supplement, put them on two A4 sheets of gloss photo paper printed on my super new printer, and send them to any UK address. Envelope and postage will be about £1, say £1 a sheet for the photos, total £3: any takers? PM please if so.