Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Epaulettes

Dannemois

I think they are pretty good. Do you know better ones? Unfortunatela I can´t poste any photos here. I won´t take an URL code to do that, Is there another way?

:huh: I can't join in the debate, no knowledge of uniforms and the like so I will leave you to it.

This next one is very similar to one posted earlier and identified as 'German WW1 Infantry white farb garde' but there is a slight difference [at least to my untrained eye] the stitching around crown motif is coloured pink and there is no white piping, just plain grey cloth

post-34874-1215784619.jpg

Roy

M07/10 fieldgrey. Royal saxon 7th infantry regiment "Prince Johann Georg", N° 106

M07/10 fieldgrey. Royal saxon 7th infantry regiment "Prince Johann Georg", N° 106

I cannot see whether the wool is fieldgrey (feldgrau), in which case it would be a M1914, or grey (Steingrau), than Mantelklappe M1907..

I cannot see whether the wool is fieldgrey (feldgrau), in which case it would be a M1914, or grey (Steingrau), than Mantelklappe M1907..

You´re right with the 1914. (No piping)

M1914 Feldartillerie, unfortunately the numbers have been removed...from the traces, can you see the number?

I'm afraid not, tried looking until inspection lamp plus magnifying glass but no joy.

here's the next to keep you guys busy. post-34874-1215872037.jpg Roy

Infanterie Regiment von Winterfeldt (2.Schlesisches) Nr.23 - Neiße

Infanterie Regiment von Winterfeldt (2.Schlesisches) Nr.23 - Neiße

or R(eserve) or L(andwehr) I.R.23.....so 3 possibilities here...

addition to post 55 (F.A.R.): the black tread could indicate reinforcing for brass cyphers, in which case it would be a strap for a Reserve F.A 5 (I don't see any remains of stitching of numbers)....see any small holes where the numbers could have been (prongs pushed through the fabric ?)

addition to post 55 (F.A.R.): the black tread could indicate reinforcing for brass cyphers, in which case it would be a strap for a Reserve F.A 5 (I don't see any remains of stitching of numbers)....see any small holes where the numbers could have been (prongs pushed through the fabric ?)

I don't what to be unhelpful but I know absolutely nothing about uniforms etc. I can not see any holes.

Roy

What I can do however is attached another image for you to name, best regards, Roypost-34874-1215880451.jpg

I.R., R.I.R. or L.I.R. (active, reserve or landwehr inf.reg) 62. if fieldgrey, M1914, if grey Mantel (overcoat). You seem to be havin quite a collection...

I.R., R.I.R. or L.I.R. (active, reserve or landwehr inf.reg) 62. if fieldgrey, M1914, if grey Mantel (overcoat). You seem to be havin quite a collection...

Yes and they seem to be quite an attraction, I will ask my s.in.law how he came by them. Until then I'll keep on posting. Regards Roy

post-34874-1215892983.jpg

1. Inf.Rgt. Herzog Ferdinand v. Braunschweig (8.westfl.) Nr.57 (Wesel)

2. RIR 57

3. LIR 57

1. Inf.Rgt. Herzog Ferdinand v. Braunschweig (8.westfl.) Nr.57 (Wesel)

2. RIR 57

3. LIR 57

Can you please educate me; does the above mean it could be all three?

Next image post-34874-1215942085.jpg

Roy

Thought I would add another. Roy

post-34874-1215942186.jpg

Can you please educate me; does the above mean it could be all three?

Hi Roy,

yes, that's what it means: especially with the M15, it's often not possible to tell if active, reserve or landwehr...

the last two one:

* M1915 I.R. 452

* M1914 R.I.R. 228, Pio Komp. 228

Hi Roy,

yes, that's what it means: especially with the M15, it's often not possible to tell if active, reserve or landwehr...

the last two one:

* M1915 I.R. 452

* M1914 R.I.R. 228, Pio Komp. 228

Here's the next one post-34874-1216138472.jpg

Regards to all

Roy

Look at post 61 and 62

Look at post 61 and 62

Hi Andreas

Are you are saying this as been done already? If so I do apologise, its been a bit of an ordeal keeping track of things. Is there an easy way to find post 61 & 62 so I can view them?

Roy

easy, scroll up :D (this is post 70)

What I guess he's trying to say, is that fieldgrey klappen with just a number are more than likely to be M1914 infantry, the number denotes the regiment (could in this case be bavarian IR or RIR as well..). When they have a bomb, field artillerie, crossed shells Fussartillerie etc etc.

Yes, mates. That is what I wanted to say.

Thanx an cheers from Germany

Yes, mates. That is what I wanted to say.

Thanx an cheers from Germany

Okay, thanks for that. I guess that the remaining ones left on grey and numbered[73, 103, 164, 206 and 243] all fall into that category. Which would leave me with this last one to identify.post-34874-1216390549.jpg

May I take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you who have contributed to this topic, it really is appreciated.

Best regards to all

Roy