Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Epaulettes

Dannemois

post-34874-1215513240.jpg

Here's the next one for you guys to fight over !!!!! There are three of this type, grey with green piping and number '14' number '20' - and number '21' in red.

Roy

Jaeger or Schutzen?

TT

I think so, Reserve Jäger Bataillon Nr. 20. (wartime raise unit, Reserve-Jäger-Bataillon Nr. 20 was raised in Bückeburg by the Ersatz-Abteilung (replacement detachment) of Jäger-Bataillon Nr.7 from 2 overplanned Ersatz companies and from war volunteers)

I received some more info on the red strap with nr 241: M1915 Krankenträger (stretcherbarer), which were renumberd at theend of 1916. Previously the n was the corpsnumber, new wartime raised units were givin a new number. So, this strap is for the 241. Sanitäts Kompanie.

I have to say...what an excellant collection. I am full of envy!! Keep them coming.

Regards

TT

7th Engineers / Pioneers?

TT

Fernsprechabteilung 1 -P reusen?

Cnock

Telegraphen Bataillon 1

Either prussian as of June 1911, or bavarian as of April 1914

indeed Telegraphen Bataillon

Cnock

post-34874-1215624399.jpg

Please see next epaulette for identifying. This is one of two with the same number '107'. Broad grey with maroon piping and red number 107. The second one is much narrower with white piping and number 107 in red.

What can you lads tell me about these?

Roy

post nr.38 : 8th Jäger zu Pferde (Trier)

Cnock

Post 39

IR 107 (Saxon). The one with red (XIX A.K.) Vorstoss is the M1907. The other one is a M1915 one, hence the white Vorstoss (only a few regiment retained their colored Vorstoss after 1915)

I think, it´s the M15 strap, 3.Schlesisches Dragoner-Regiment Nr.15

I think, it´s the M15 strap, 3.Schlesisches Dragoner-Regiment Nr.15

You are pretty quick coming back with your answers, I've got a full time keeping up with you, but I'm not complaining. Please see the next one for identifying attached.

Roy

post-34874-1215711405.jpg

Hi Roy!

I don´t know exactly, but could it be another Krankenträger?

I don´t think so. Read "Imperial german field uniforms and equipment 1907-1918 #2, pages 535 and 603

I don´t think so. Read "Imperial german field uniforms and equipment 1907-1918 #2, pages 535 and 603

Enlighten us....

I see , don't bother, you're referring to the Somers books (I wouldn't take the shoulder-strap section as a reference......)

I think they are pretty good. Do you know better ones? Unfortunatela I can´t poste any photos here. I won´t take an URL code to do that, Is there another way?