Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Who has it now

Guest KevinEndon

Guest KevinEndon

I have read the book "In the footsteps of Private Lynch" the follow up to Somme Mud.

What I will do is post it to the first person who responds to this thread as long as they promise to send it to the next person and so on. You must fill in your name on the back page to say that you have read it, lets see how many names we get on it. The book is free but if you could make a small donation to the forum that would be great. I will pay the first postage and whoever gets it next pays the postage to the next person and so on.

So if you are up for a bit of fun, and have a great read for next to nothing then post your name below. When you recieve the book let the forum know you have it and who it's going to next.

Kevin

Kevinaka1888 posting to Irishmen 1916 on 10 Jan 2009 (done)

Irishmen 1916 posting to Pighills (done)

Pighills posting to BruceHubbard (done)

BruceHubbard posting to Will O'Brien (done)

Will O'Brien posting to Magicrat (done)

Magicrat posting to bpc59 (done)

bpc59 posting to Icetiger (done)

Icetiger posting to Bods (done)

Bods posting to Martin Bennitt (France)(done)

Martin Bennitt posting to Doug Lewis (Wolverhampton) its nearly home (done)

Doug Lewis posting to John (txic) (done)

John (txic) to Caryl (done)

Carly to Adrian58 (done)

Adrian58 to Cliff S

Cliff S to CT Guards

CT Guards to Michelle Young

Michelle Young to KevinEndon

I have read the book "In the footsteps of Private Lynch" the follow up to Somme Mud.

What I will do is post it to the first person who responds to this thread as long as they promise to send it to the next person and so on. You must fill in your name on the back page to say that you have read it, lets see how many names we get on it. The book is free but if you could make a small donation to the forum that would be great. I will pay the first postage and whoever gets it next pays the postage to the next person and so on.

So if you are up for a bit of fun, and have a great read for next to nothing then post your name below. When you recieve the book let the forum know you have it and who it's going to next.

Kevin

Me please

Peter

Can I join the queue?

PM me your address and I wing it over the water this weekend

Kevin

PM Sent Kevin,

Pighills as you are next can you pm me your address.

Fairplay to Kevin always seems to have some great idea's.

Peter

Kev, what a brilliant idea! Can I join the queue please?

Ta

Alan

I've pm'd Peter with my address, once I receive it, as I'm coming to the end (I don't take too long to read things usually!!), I will pm Bruce for his address.

Please accept my apologies, Sue

I must have missed your post.

From wherever the idea originated, it is a good one.

I have pm'ed my address to Kim.....and so wait with baited breath its arrival....and i will then mail it on.

Bruce

Fair point Sue, but I think this is a little different - lots of us have read (or have plans to read) "Somme Mud", and the companion book "Footsteps" only appears to be available on import for £30 or so. Not available from libraries either.

Postage should be minimal as it is only a paperback. Also, probably not a book anyone would particularly need to consult after reading it.

Just my tuppenceworth...

Alan

Guest KevinEndon

I think its because this book cost £30 from America and not a lot of folk in the U.K. have it yet but have heard how much of a brilliant read it is. Rather than a bookring its just 1 book doing the rounds, a bit of fun, I have photographed it before its posted and hope it comes back with cup rings and dog ears just to show that is has been read by many. Your idea was great Sue but how many folk would post off a hard back or something that they love to read over and over again just incase it came back dog eared.

Kevin

but how many folk would post off a hard back or something that they love to read over and over again just in case it came back dog eared.

I don't think I ever suggested they should - that came from the respondents, not me. But old news now.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Kevin, Book received today, soon as I read it, it will be passed on to Kim.

Peter

"Footsteps" only appears to be available on import for £30 or so.

Until April that is when it's being released for circa £17 in hard-back (and, probably about a week later, in Tescos for (probably)about a tenner!) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

"In the Footsteps Of Private Lynch" a great read, and how on to the next on the list "Pighills"

Peter

I have it now!!!!

Received this morning - many thanks Peter.

I couldn't resist looking at the photos first - wow!

I shall get on with reading it and pass it on to Bruce.

When it has done the rounds of those much quicker to find this thread than I was, can I have it?

Promise to pass it on to the next request when read

Andy

Andy

I think I am currently at the end of the list - so if you PM me your address - I'll post it on after I read it - it's currently with Kim (Pighills).

Regards

Brian

Many thanks Brian

PM sent

Andy

Fantastic idea, I'd like to join in please.

Can't wait, I thought 'Somme Mud' really revealed how brutal the trenches must have been.

It made me even more sympathetic to the poor blokes (of all nations) who had to go through that bloody experience.

Andy,

I think I must be in the queue after you.

Perhaps you could PM when you have the book and I shall send my address over?

Regards

David

David

No problem.

Will pm you as soon as I have read it

Andy