Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Purton War dead

bts1970

Good Afternoon all

Many thanks to all who have helped so far with my research, i now have over 50 pictures of the Headstones & Memorial tablets. The list below is the remainder, some i appreciate i may not get but if anyone can assist me with any on the list i would be most gratefull

INDIA

L/1582 Lance Serjeant TOM MARTIN , Nowshera Military Cemetery. N.15., Remembered on DELHI MEMORIAL (INDIA GATE)

FRANCE

North

87972 Serjeant EDWARD GEORGE MILLS. , HIGHLAND CEMETERY, LE CATEAU, Grave Reference: XII. C. 2.

R/7558 Rifleman ALBERT JAMES PARSONS. , BETHUNE TOWN CEMETERY, Grave Reference: IV. G. 59.

261778 Driver JOSEPH JOHN WOOLFORD. , MAUBEUGE-CENTRE CEMETERY, Grave Reference: C. 12.

Somme

22755 Private EDWARD FRANK CURTIS. , HEILLY STATION CEMETERY, MERICOURT-L'ABBE, Grave Reference: I. A. 26.

2880 Private HERBET STANLEY WOOLFORD , TEMPLEUX-LE-GUERARD BRITISH CEMETERY, Ref I. H. 25.

Pas de Calais

265848 Private THOMAS RICHARD BARTLETT ,. STE. MARIE CEMETERY, LE HAVRE, Grave Reference: Div. 62. I. H. 1.

Private WILLIAM JORDAN Metz-en-Couture , Grave reference II F 2

46945 Private WILLIAM CHARLES PARSONS ,. ST. ANDRE COMMUNAL CEMETERY, Grave Reference: I. A. 26.

Aisne

54684 Private HERBERT MARTIN. , PROSPECT HILL CEMETERY, GOUY, Grave Reference: IV. C. 16.

Rhone

4754 Shoeing Smith EDWIN SAUNDERS. , ST. GERMAIN-AU-MONT-D'OR COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION Ref: B. 55.

Bestr regards to all who view & especially those who can help

Bob Lloyd

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening all

Hope no-one minds me pushing this back to the top, any help getting the remaining Headstones & memorial shots is gratefully recieved

Best regards

Bob lloyd

Hi Bob

My chance to return all the favours you've given me. I'm going to France w/c 14th July and will go v close to Peronne so will make sure I get a picture of our 'mutual' Captain E H Harrison.

I have also got a copy of his marriage certificate and a copy of the death notice (is that how you term it?) in The Times of 28th September 1918. All of which confirms that my Ernest H Harrison is the same as yours.

Regards

Simon

Bob - we should be able to get Pte Merchant at Gezaincourt for you - we'll be visiting Bagneux Cemetery, Gezaincourt in August and will pop into the Communal Cemetery on our way through.

Alan

Simon / Alan

many thanks for the offers, will be good to get the remainder sometime hopefully this year. I hope to get across myself sometime but first day back at work since returning from the "Stan" & find out i am back out there again August so will be late in the year before i make it.

Simon, good news confirming Mr Harrison, i have been told a number of times that a mans name only appeared on one memorial, this is one case to prove that wrong, Alan if you do manage to get Mr Merchant i will be gratefull & mail you on my return mid October all being well !!!

Best Regards

bob

• 4 weeks later...

Simon

Recieved with many thanks, one more off the list.

Captain ERNEST HESKETH HARRISON. , PERONNE COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION, Grave Reference: V. K. 1.

Best Regards

Bob

Evening all

Just nudging this one back up the list in the hope that some of the outstanding pics can be got for me.

Best Regards to all

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Liam

recieved with many thanks

62523 Private FRANK GEORGE MERCHANT. , GEZAINCOURT COMMUNAL CEMETERY, Grave Reference: II. M. 17.

Soilsister

71257 Private C SKUSE , NEUVILLY COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION, C. 10

Best Regards

Bob

• 13 years later...
On 06/06/2008 at 12:15, bts1970 said:

Good Afternoon all

Many thanks to all who have helped so far with my research, i now have over 50 pictures of the Headstones & Memorial tablets. The list below is the remainder, some i appreciate i may not get but if anyone can assist me with any on the list i would be most gratefull

INDIA

L/1582 Lance Serjeant TOM MARTIN , Nowshera Military Cemetery. N.15., Remembered on DELHI MEMORIAL (INDIA GATE)

Just stumbled across this thread whilst looking for information on Nowshera Military Cemetery, so thought I would give it a bump. 

L/Sgt Tom Martin was my third cousin thrice removed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bully Beef, to date nothing else known to add to my research, but remembered every year via my FB page Purton & the Great War.

Evening Bob

keeping well? I picked up  a cd when you were at Lyneham. just updated the laptop yet to check if it works with the new windows.

still trying to work out my family ties , they all circulate around the area and think there are some in Purton to check out, just need thetime.

charlie

• 7 months later...

Charlie

Apologies for the time since you posted, life / work etc has left me separated from WW1 research for some time, but hope to be hard at it tying up the loose ends soon. Living in Cricklade now, go steady.