I know, but ...

it's free,

i can put a link in,

there is no copyright,

i can put an /animation/ in,

i can do all that i want with,

i can put all the 360° panoramics views in,

it's a test made in some minutes for try and for everybody,

it a challenge made without money, and everybody can download in some days ...

:mellow:

Gentlemen you are nothing but map teasers :lol: Great stuff,

cheers, Jon

LET THE TEASING CONTINUE

Here is Major & Mrs Holts Somme Battlemap

Guy :D

post-12226-1211712915.jpg

Allez Yvan !

avec tout mon soutien.

Très amicalement

Michel

Nice samples all,

But....;)

C'est jolie, non?

topo.png

Allez Yvan !

avec tout mon soutien.

Très amicalement

Michel

Yvan - I agree with what Michel said (even though I am not sure what he said :rolleyes: )

Your photos and now maps are excellent.

Keep up the good work

Steve m

Now that we've all showed off our stuff :lol:

On a serious note there can be problems with using SRTM for elevations data. You can get swell from forests, for example, which means you don't have an accurate represetation of the ground. More than good enough for making a few overlays, but not good enough to make maps.

Paul

Comment for Guy: the Ancre must flow uphill downstream of Black Horse Bridge! Seriously, this is all good stuff, by all of you.

But you can not beat a REAL 1917 trench map with details of April 9th as the battle begins at Arras:

GVLatRoclincourt51B6AMarch1917.jpg

or to see it on Google Earth, where you can manipulate the trench map as you wish:

Vimy April 9, 1917 - George Laughton's Path

but of course we can.... :lol:

example3.png

Hello from France,

i beg your pardon, i was not here, but i have made an other TEST (it's a pre-view)

You know I want to do something good and quickly, but I have a job and a baby, so I haven't lot of time for prepare something good.

(i don't speak a very well english, but i hope that everybody can understand)

It's to show you an other tool, you have 1 or 2 days to try this tool with this map, and during this time i can prepare something good.

First:

Please, install this plug-in for use a 3D view (if you don't do this, you can't see nothing)

http://www.parallelgraphics.com/products/cortona/

Second:

Try the tool on this map

http://www.todayisfree.com/terrain.php

Don't forget you can go in all direction, from 1 meter to X Kilometer, you can turn in all directions, ...

Thanks

Yvan

Please, follow this link

http://www.todayisfree.com/terrain2.php

For the test, there is a church in volume, now i can put something like house, memorial, cemeteries, trenches, craters, ...

And it can be link to an URL, and when i will have time the 360° panoramic views will be in the 3D map. (sorry, i haven't words for translate/également le deplacement des troupes et objectifs en animation - temps réel /)

A friend will send me a map tonight, tomorrow, (i hope) i will show you an other test.

What do you think about it ?

Yvan

Regret that the 3D sofware tries to load an ActiveX control on my computer. As a strict disipline I will never load such controls onto my PC so I am unable to view the map. Has anyone any idea why such an intrusive control should be required.

Norman

May be the format .wrl ?

.swf .hmtl .php are standard format.

.wrl can't work without this plug-in

Please seadog, can you give me more information about the alert message.

Many thanks.

Yvan

(some information about .wrl and vrml:

VRML is the Virtual Reality Modeling Language, a standard file format to display 3D models on the web. The most common way to display, show, browse, play, or view VRML files, models, or worlds (.wrl file extension) is with a VRML plugin, also known as a browser, player, viewer, reader, add-on, client, toolkit, program, software, or ActiveX control. You must download and install the VRML plugin in Internet Explorer, Firefox, or other browser. Some of the VRML plugins can also display X3D files. The current version of VRML is referred to as VRML 2.0 or VRML97. )

An other link to download and install a VRML Plugin

See below for professional advice regarding the downloading of ACTIVEX Plugins. I am not saying that the downloading of the link will cause problems but as a personal disipline I NEVER download ACTIVEX pugins.

"If you do not have a specific, clear reason to want and trust the software you are being asked to install -- that is, if it is not the Macromedia Flash Player or the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader or something similarly crucial that you really need -- SAY NO!"

Norman

Gents,

I love3 the work of all of you, but how do I get them to work with my Tomtom Go910! Would love to have that perspective on my future trip from Australia,

Chris