Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

henry c foster

calvin

hello, can i ask for some help, i am trying to find out anything about henry coney foster believed to be in the sherwood foresters, he was a private and was from great carlton in lincolnshire, he was born in 1892, he survived the war and i believe married in grimsby in 1918. any help appriciated, thankyou ,regards, john

hello, can i ask for some help, i am trying to find out anything about henry coney foster believed to be in the sherwood foresters, he was a private and was from great carlton in lincolnshire, he was born in 1892, he survived the war and i believe married in grimsby in 1918. any help appriciated, thankyou ,regards, john

Hello John,

According to Ancestry- Henry Coney Foster birth reg'd 4th qtr 1892 Louth, Lincs. vol 7a page 576. Henry C Foster m Bessie N.M.Williams Grimsby, Lincs, 2nd qtr 1918. If you want me to look further or if you can supply any further info, just ask

Hi John, Have searched on Ancestry for Henry C and Henry Coney Foster and Forster, no luck on Military records. Re your PM James C fthr and Mary A mthr are shown on 1901 census living in South Willingham, Lincs. with family. One Son is recorded as Henry A b. abt.1893. Have looked closely at this entry and I think it should be Henry C ( have amended ancestry) He is recorded as born Saltfleetby, All Saints. Is this your man?

hello, yes this is the one, he had brothers fred, george and james, also sisters ellen and edith, thanks again, any further help appriciated, regards, john

Hello John

Here is one possibility, can't seem to find any else at moment............

Foster, Henry

Corps: Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Regiment

Regiment No: 305030

Mike

hello mike, thankyou, it said sherwood foresters on the great carlton plaque, was there a sherwood foresters in ww1 or was they the notts and derby? thankyou, regards, john

Hi John

they were known as both during WW1 and you will see either (or both) names on attestation forms

Mike

• 2 months later...