Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

HMS Asia

Jayenn

Has anyone got a picture of H.M.S "Asia" that I could use on my website (i.e. no copyright problem), if and when I finally manage to complete it? Also, a good picture of the battle itself would be very much appreciated.

A great-great uncle of mine was on board the "Asia"<as a Royal Marine Private, at the Battle of Navarino. Marine Private.

I know that drawings/paintings,pictures, etc., of the ship are few and far between but I thought I'd ask as you never know

Jayenn.

HMS Asia was broken up in 1908 as part of The First Sea Lord Jackie Fisher's drive to clear out the old hulks, so probably falls outside the remit of this forum; the Battle of Navarino 1827 definately does! I'm surprised that you're finding it hard to find one, a quick google has turned some up. Have you tried the Illustrated London News? You should find illustrations of her in her prime and possibly as a hulk.

HMS Asia was broken up in 1908 as part of The First Sea Lord Jackie Fisher's drive to clear out the old hulks, so probably falls outside the remit of this forum; the Battle of Navarino 1827 definately does! I'm surprised that you're finding it hard to find one, a quick google has turned some up. Have you tried the Illustrated London News? You should find illustrations of her in her prime and possibly as a hulk.

I'm sorry about that. Of course it does! That's why it's called the great War forum! Trust me to get it wrong but I got carried away with the success of my "Good Hope" question so didn't think and I apologise.

I'm always looking for good images that I can use which aren't restricted by copyright. Thanks for your help.

Jayenn.