Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

C White RAF - info please

franklinsearch

While going through a box of old family photos I came across some embroidered post cards from the Great War. One of them has writing on the back, and although there are Whites in my family tree I am not aware of a Charles White. Can anyone help with any info -

C. White 10295, RAF, B Flight, No 1 ?AD Reinforcement Camp, "Arques", France

Included in the text is - "...I am sent from convalescence to this place for posting". Wounded possibly ?

There is no date on the post card but he mentions he had a good Christmas, so I hazard a date of early 1918 or 1919?????

Postcard is signed, Charlie.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks, Matt

You could always try looking at his RAF service record. They are in AIR 79 offline at kew stored in service number order.

Any more details on him at all as there are several C Whites on the MIC database who were in the RFC/RAF?

RFC, RNAS and RAF service numbers were unique, so I'd expect there to be onle one man with the number 10295.

The online MICs are army records, the RAF MICs have yet to be released. So it is not surprising he's not there. The file you want is AIR 79/130 (service numbers 10249 - 10349) this will cover his service from 1 April 1918; it might give details of his units from when he joined in 1915; it will usually hve his service overseas (just giving his theatre).

I'm afraid I have no additional info on him at all save that he probably came from Portsea/Portsmouth.

Many thanks to everyone who posted a reply - I think a trip to Kew is in order.

Thanks, Matt